It Never Ends

Laurance's POV 

It's only been a few weeks since we returned. Things seem to be back to normal and I'm guessing it's Shad? Hasn't been back around us or bothered us at all. The fans, of course, were worried but after a few white lies, we were fine. 

"Hey, love?" I ask. The blonde turns my way and smiles. 

"Yes, Laury?" He asks, a book resting in his hand. 

"Love you!!!" I say cheerfully. He rolls his eyes and blows me a kiss. I chuckle and turn back to my laptop and continue looking through comments. That's when I return to Garroth and my's channels. I notice a few videos I never remember uploading titled "Journey Away From Home| A Minecraft short series." I clicked on the first and lo and behold, it's about our adventure or time in the other dimension we had been in a few weeks ago. Everything was down to a point of what happened.  

As my mind tried to comprehend the accurateness of the video I didn't hear the knock on the door. Then what does get me to pay attention is the slamming of the door. I turn around and rip my earbuds out. It the doorway was the 'fake' Aphmau. Her raven hair was slowly turning shorter and her eyes were black. Her breathing was heavy as her chest rose and fell. I immediately ran to Garroth's side only for the imposter's gaze to find me and him in the same spot. She chuckled and came closer and closer to us. 

"Don't come any closer!" I warn. The creature smiles. 

"Oh, Mr loyal boyfriend's gotta ruin the moment huh?" The voice growls. It sounds like it's wavering between a male's voice and Aphmau's normal voice. 

"Laurance, what should we do?" Garroth whispers to me. I put a finger to my lips telling him to calm down. 

"You have no right to come into our house like this. This is our property and you are not welcome. So, therefore, I have the right to kill you." I say threateningly. The creature just laughs. 

"Really? Laurance why spend your time with a pathetic man like this? When you could be strong and rule the world! Make them all bow down to your feet!"  The creature offers. I don't give the idea any thought as I shake my head. 

"Never. The world may have a few flaws but I like it how it is. I love my boyfriend and how our lives are. I don't need any power." I reason. The creature's face contorts with anger. 

"You brought with you a great evil that will come at a very personal cost," The creature says and points to Garroth. "And you bargained it all. Hope you enjoy the peaceful life while you can Laurance. It's all going to come crashing down soon enough." The creature said and it walked out, slamming the door behind it. My chest still felt like it would burst from fear. 

"L-Laurance?" Garroth asks. I turn my head. 

"Garroth no I don't know what it was talking about. We got back thanks to the real Aphmau. Not that creature." I say, pointing at the door. He sighs but nods. 

"Laurance, did you make a deal like they said Travis did?" Garroth asks with a nervousness in his voice. I look down. What would he say? About the fact that I actually bargained that possibility for us to be a family? He'd never forgive me. 

"Garroth," I start. My heart feels as though it'll break through my chest. I sigh and calm my heart down. "Yes..." I admit and turn away. I'm expecting a jerk to pull me back the way I was turned to smack me but instead, I feel a sympathetic hand rest on my shoulder. I jerk away and walk to the hallway and sigh again, wondering how Garroth would view me if he knew. 

"Laurance, what did you bargain? It doesn't matter now. We didn't use whatever you got from them. It's okay. You can tell me." Garroth says. He's right next to me now in my peripheral view, just as innocent but beautiful all the same. Tears start to build up in my eyes knowing that if I told him he'd never look at me that same way again. 

"Garroth, if I told you... you'd never love me again," I say with a sob. I lift my hands to my face and start trying to endlessly wipe the tears away. Garroth quickly moves in front of me and lifts my head. He puts his hands on my cheeks and wipes the tears away.  I just look away. Garroth straightens my head and makes me look at him. 

"Laurance, I'll always love you. No matter what you tried to do to get us out of that dimension. If you were willing to sacrifice something of yours or of something you'll have it shows you care about me and our relationship. It's okay." He says kindly. I nod and a small smile lifts to my lips. 

"Garroth... he wanted a passage here with us. But I thought he wouldn't come along since we didn't use what he gave me. But the other thing was..."  I pause. He said he'll understand. You can do it, I tell myself and let the cursed words fall from my mouth. 

"Garroth... I had to give up my firstborn. But now since we didn't use his alternative, We don't have to.... besides... we can't have kids the natural way anyways..." I sigh. Garroth looks saddened. 

"Laurance... I'm just glad we didn't use the alternative," he says and smiles up at me. I smile sadly back. 

"Garroth?" I begin. He turns his head up. "Does this...change anything between us?" I ask. He ponders this for a moment and then shakes his head with a small smile.

"No Laurance. I still love you and that will never change. No matter what you do. But this does make me a little upset that you felt we were so lost in that realm that you needed to sell something of value to you." He reassures. I take a deep sigh of relief and bring Garroth into a tight embrace. He wraps his arms around my torso and squeezes me tightly. We stay like this for a few moments before I hear sobbing. Tears slowly dropped onto my shirt as it continued. I slowly stroked Garroth's back as he continued to sob. I whisper soft soothing words as I caress his head with the other hand.

How could I have done this to him? It's like the madness will never end! All he wants is our normal life back but, I don't think we can salvage that old life after what we've been through. I hope I can make it up to him somehow....