Distractions

Garroth's POV

I swear, Why can't we live a normal life?! 

After about an hour of us sitting on the floor, Laurance fell asleep. So currently I am trying to gently break his grip on me to try and carry him upstairs. But, with my luck, he didn't let me go, even in sleep. I reach slowly to where his hands rest on my back and try to lift his fingers up only for them to curl up and grip my shirt. I giggle and nudge the brunette's head that rested on my shoulder. His musty brown strands of hair tickled my cheek slightly as I moved. I swear he needs to get a haircut. 

I embrace Laurance tightly, wrapping my arms around his torso that lay limply against mine. I nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck. I squeeze his torso gently in a hug and release his weight. I gently push his weight off of my body and lay a hand on the back of his head, gently laying his head on the carpeted floor. This in turn, since his grip on me was so tight sent me with him tightly held against his chest. I smile softly at him. Now I feel bad about what I have to do.

I grip onto his tan arms and use more force on his grip, finally releasing myself from his grasp. I quickly get up and walk towards the kitchen to find the medicine cabinet. I start hearing whimpering as I walk into the kitchen. I look over and see Laurance's sleeping form tossing and turning as if my presence was the only thing he needed to feel at peace. I coo in sympathy and quickly walk over to the medicine cabinet and grab the first-aid. Behind the plastic container, I see a roll of bandages. I snatch that and hurry back to my sleeping fiancee. 

I kneel beside him and lay the medical stuff next to me for later use. I reach up and softly stroke his head, calming him slightly. I get to work pulling his shirt off of his torso, careful not to wake him. Just as I get the shirt off with the last tug his head harshly hits the floor, making me wince. He, however, didn't wake up. I let out a sigh of relief and fold his shirt up a bit and hold it to the biggest stab wound on his abdomen with as much pressure I could use without hurting him. He softly whimpers again and his eyelids twitch with pain. 

I snap my attention back to his bleeding wound. Surprisingly, it's not bleeding as bad as I thought it would. It was only on the far side of his abdomen anyway, he should be alright but I still think he might need stitching. I lift the shirt up and look at his wound every couple of minutes. Finally, after 15 minutes the bleeding stops and I remove the dark gray cloth. The only bad thing about this is that yes my mom taught me to sew, but never to stitch up a wound. Cadenza would know about that... 

I stand up and walk back over to the kitchen and fill up a large basin with water and grab one of our clean dish towels. I bring it back over and get back on my knees. I take the cloth and wet it in the water before taking it to his gash and wiping the rest of the blood that had gotten on his skin. As I drag the cloth across his wound he starts to stir and wake up. Damn it, I think to myself. 

"G-Garroth? Wh...What are you doing?" he asks, raising his torso up and trying to hold up his weight with his elbows. He winces and he stumbles. I panic and quickly lay him back onto the carpet. 

"Don't move, you'll make it worse," I warn, making sure he didn't open his wound even more. He grunts and nods. I watch his eyes float around the room until they got to me. I flash him a small smile before I continue to clean his gash. He winces and grunts in pain a few times before he speaks again. 

"G...Garroth... Why are you bothering with the wound?*wince* Y...you should worry about you...and the baby..." He grumbles under a pained breath. I smile softly. 

"I'm allowed to help you and to be frank, I didn't know if you were severely hurt and you ruptured an artery. If you did then we'd need to get you to a hospital regardless. Besides, it's our baby, they're a tough cookie." I say the last bit with a giggle, drawing a chuckle from Laurance too. 

"You're right, they really are a tough little thing..." He says with a happy sigh. I smile at his laughter before looking back down to the wound. He's definitely going to need stitching.

"Wait here, you're...You're going to need stitching and we don't have any anesthetic..." I inform and hurry back into our room. I open my nightstand drawer and search for the sewing kit Cadenza had given me the first year I knew Laurance and her. I take a needle from the pack and a spool of thread. I carry the two things into the living room and set them down. I walk over to the medicine cabinet and take out the alcohol wipes out. I need to sterilize the needle if this is even going to remotely work. So I carry them into the living room with me and start to clean the needle off. 

"G-G-Garroth...Are you s-sure about this?" Laurance stumbles. I nod sadly. He takes a deep breath and nods. I take the needle and thread it through the metal hole. I fix the thread to work properly and grab the shirt I used earlier. 

"Laurance...You're gonna need this as something to bite onto with the pain. I was planning to do it when you were asleep so it wouldn't hurt as bad but, I can't wait or this could get infected." I say with a pang of fear in my voice. He nods and grabs the shirt and stuffs part of it into his mouth and bites down. I take that as my queue and take the beginning stitch. Immediately Laurance grunts into the cloth, biting down hard. 

"Sorry..." I mutter and continue, carefully stitching up his wound with grunts and whimpers from Laurance all the while. 

Finally, I get to the last stitch. I finally close up the wound with a swift tie of the thread. I remove the needle and grab the dishcloth. I dampen it again and clean the excess blood from the stitching. 

"Thank you, Love," Laurance mutters. I smile. 

"No need Laury. I'll do anything for you. I'd die for you if it came to that," I trail, reaching my hand over and cupping his cheek. He smiles and nuzzles into my hand. 

"You know I'd do the same, right?" He mutters weakly. I nod. Then I hear someone in the hallway gasp.

"What in the name of Irene happened down here?!"