The Beauty in Darkness

*a week or so later* 

Garroth's POV 

After Laurance's parents left our lives went back to a somewhat normal pace. Laurance and I've been keeping up with our channels and things have been okay. Except... Laurance's headaches are getting more and more frequent. I say headaches but I think he's struggling with something. Maybe it's Shad? But how could he get inside Laurance's head? Ive been thinking about it for a while but, I haven't brought it up to him yet. He just...looks so miserable. It hurts me so much to see him like this.

So today, to lift up our spirits, I've scheduled us a fitting to get our suits for the wedding. And I've also scheduled a reservation at a couple's park where I heard there's a waterfall that pours into a heart shaped pool. Of course that's after a hiking trip through the Lover's Trail. Hey, I know it's cheesy but I want him to cheer up, whatever might be going on with him.

I wake up excited and ready. I surprisingly don't feel nauseous. I sit up and look down at my bump. I smile. "Thank you, little one." I say and get up from the bed. I grab an outfit and get changed. After I fit a shirt over my bump I walk over and I lean on Laurance's sleeping figure. I smirk at him, and poke his nose. His nose twitches but he doesn't stirr. I roll my eyes and kiss his temple. He makes a sound.

"Laury~" I whisper. He finally stirs and turns his head to look at me with a smile.
"Mornin' sleeping beauty~" I flirt. He immediantly, though it took him a moment to register, blushed a light pink.

"Hey...mm...so why are we getting up at..." He pauses and looks at his watch. "8:00 in the morning?" He asks. I chuckle.

"Because, I scheduled something for us today. And we have to be there at 9. So get up!!" I say playfully, dragging him from the bed. And in that process, I knocked his head into the bed post. I drop him afterwards.
"Sorry!! I'm so sorry!" I call and laugh nervously. Laurance laughs and winces.

"It's alright...gah...that's one way to wake up in the morning..." He says with a laugh while rubbing his head.
"Really I'm sorry!!" I apologize again. He waves me off.
"You're fine, Love." He says and gets up, and wraps an arm around me, and pulls me closer. "Besides, I also got to wake up to this beautiful blond in my arms." He says. I giggle and he kisses my nose. "So what's the plan for today?" He asks.

"Well...I was planning on us going to get our suits tailored. For the wedding." I say, blushing. He smirks.

"Aren't we supposed to not know what the other's outfit is?" He asks. I hold my hands to my hips.

"Yeah, which is why...we're only trying on outfits. And then secretly telling the tailor before we leave which one." I say with a wide smile. Laurance chuckles.

"Alright. But are we waiting till this little one's here? Or what?" Laurance asks, placing a soft tan hand on my abdomen.

"We aren't waiting...I was thinking maybe...we could get married first week of October, you know...in fall for your birthday." I suggest. He thinks about it for a moment, then nods.

"Yeah, that sounds great Love." He compliments, kissing my forehead. "Just can't wait to get married to you..." Laurance whispers. I nuzzle my head into his chest and softly purr at the idea of a wedding band on my finger and seeing the same on Laurance's.

"We should probably get ready... If we want to make it on time..." I suggest softly. He nods. He reluctantly let's me out of his embrace with a sigh and opens up our closet.

"Catch!" He calls. Almost immediately I'm hit in the face with Laurance's old sweatshirt. The striped one.

"Laurance, I have a coat downstairs. I wore a t-shirt for a reason." I protest.