Parents? Uh Oh...

Garroth's POV
I wake up in his arms still. I smile and nuzzle my head under his chin. I let my vision adjust to the sunlight coming through the windows. I take in the scent of the lingering cologne Laurance had used yesterday.

Could this get any better? I'm in my lover's arms, we're getting married and now we can be together forever, no matter what anyone says.

I sigh, happy that things turned out the way they did.

Whatever happens, we'll be ready for it. I know it.

Then I hear my phone buzz. Confused, I reach over and pick it up. Instead of my home screen, the top name says 'Mommy' in big bold white letters. I smile and swipe up to answer.

"Hi, mommy!" I answer as enthusiastically.

"Hi, Gar-Gar! How's my baby doing?" She answers, full of cheer as always. I chuckle.

"I'm doing okay mom. How are things?" I ask.

"Oh, they're great! You know sweetie, your father and I would like to see you and your boyfriend you know? Meet our future son-in-law!" She says with a tone that says 'to make sure he's right for you'

"Oh... R-Really?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah! Also, your father and I have a surprise for you boys! Something I don't think you're going to guess~" She says happily. I giggle.

"That's great mom! Also, my boyfriend needs to talk with Dad. Which reminds me..." I trail off. My dad used to be a huge homophobic, hating on every gay or even remotely different than straight he met. But that was 6 or so years ago. When I was 19. I don't know if he's changed for the better, or for the worst. It's the latter I fear the most.

"No sweetie... Sigh... Your father is... Tolerating the idea." She says.

"So he's not happy?" I ask finally, giving up on my father ever feeling even an ounce of pride about having me as his son.

"No, he is! That you finally found someone he's just... Upset sweetie." She finally admits, trying not to hurt my feelings anymore. I know her tricks like the back of my hand. When she's trailing off she's trying to come up with a better answer than the blunt one I'm expecting. She's always wanted to protect me, even in college though that never turned out...

Random Fan: YOU COULD HAVE BEEN AN ENGINEER!

Garroth: UGGHHHHHHHH!

SEE WHAT I MEAN?!?!

Anyways... *ahem* my mom's always seen me as two and she sugar coats everything. Maybe that's why she's made of sugar...

"I get it, mom... He doesn't like it. But still... I'm allowed to love him if I want to. It's not hurting anyone and it's not illegal. As long as those two terms are met and it won't send me to jail, I think it's okay to do." I say, trying to reason with her. I hear a soft sob coming from the other end as the silence between us broke.

"Mom?" I ask worriedly.

"I'm sorry honey... I've been so emotional lately. Anything and everything gets me upset. It's just that your all independent now. The last time I saw you... You were just a boy playing games on his PlayStation and recording it so your brothers had company while you were away. Now you're your own person, you're stable with a house, a partner, a job, you're all grown up at only twenty-five. You're doing great honey. I only wish your father could see it." She finishes, letting her sobs grow louder.

"Mom... You know I'll always be your baby boy, right? It's not like I can just reverse the past. And to be frank, I wouldn't want to. Because then I'd be losing a great mom like you. " I admit, earning a sniffle at the other end.

"Thank you Gar-Gar... I needed that." She said, sniffling.

"Your welcome. Now about the visit... How does a week sound? It starts on the 12th of October? A week from Saturday?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'll get your father to rearrange his schedule so we can visit. Make sure you let your boyfriend know though. Make sure he's ready!" She says happily.

"I will. Love you!" I say.

"Love you too Gar-Gar! Bye! "

"Bye," I say, ending the call. But just as I do, I'm attacked with kisses on the cheek and neck. I giggle and turn over, making my attacker crawl over and hold me down.

"Good morning love~," He says flirtatiously. I roll my eyes and kiss his nose.

"Morning Laury~," I say with half-lidded eyes. I smile at him, cuddling closer to him.

He puts his arm back around me, pulling me closer to him. "You know, your the cutest thing to wake up to." He says, making my cheeks glow.

"Laury... " I say half giggling. He laughs with me, finally kissing me once our laughter died down.

"We do have jobs to do you know. " He reminds, petting my hair.

"Yeah we do... I don't want to keep using prerecorded videos. But then there's a problem... " I trail. Maybe he heard me? Hopefully?

He raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean? What's going on?" He asks with a pang of worry in his gentle voice.

I look down and bite my lip. Why is the fact that my Dad is coming so hard to tell him? I don't know...

"L-Laury... M-My parents are coming to visit me soon..." I start. I shift in place.

"Okay? I mean I'd love to get to know the wonderful people who raised you! Why do you sound so upset about that?" He says with a half giggle and a smile.

"Laurance... My dad he... He's homophobic... He's been like this since me and my brothers all came out to our parents at the same time. H-H-He... " I start saying as sobs start to make their way up my throat. Laurance saw this and instantly his arms grew tighter around me.

"Hey... It'll be alright... I promise. Nothing will happen to you. Not as long as I'm here." He says reassuringly, hugging me tightly. I smile for what seems like a mere moment before the sobs continue. I rest my hand against his chest. Needing to clutch something I grip onto his shirt.

"Y-You promise?" I ask in between my sobs, finally looking up at his comforting gaze.

"I promise."