II.

Saturday. 2:45am.

I had gotten off work rather late, as per the usual, my boss decided to be an utter arse, and sent the men home, while myself and the only other female bartender, had to clean the entire bar. Not like it really irked my gears too terribly bad, we did get tipped pretty handsomely, and while we did get the short end of the deal by having to clean the entire bar before we even thought about clocking out for the night, we did get paid a pretty penny as well.

The cold night air clung to me like something distasteful, and I pulled my coat even closer around me, were that even possible. January weather here really got irritating, at least for me. For one who loathed the cold as much as I claimed to, dealing with snow seemed to baffle my fellow co-workers... and even myself from time to time.

The snow that danced its way down from the dark blanket that seemed to cover my city, fell onto wet and muddy streets, it's pure white decadence being tainting by something unworthy of such beauty. I almost felt pity for it, as I held a hand out, the other still holding firmly onto the collar of my coat.

"How can something so beautiful allow itself to become so dirtied...?"

I sighed to myself as I slipped in and out of the small crowds of drunkards that would occasionally find their way onto the sidewalks to terrorize those few poor souls that found their way into their paths.

Aka someone like me.

I quickly adverted my gaze, hoping that if I didn't see them, they couldn't see me.

Terrible mistake.

"Hey there, sweet cheeks... what's someone like you doing out so late?"

I stopped as I shot daggers in their direction. How disgusting.

The group of men approached me, which in turn, caused me to take a step back. Normally I manage to avoid people like this on my walk home, but somehow, tonight just seemed to be an off night for me.

"I'm on my way home."

One of the men snatched my wrist, yanking me towards them. My body crashed against his, which brought a snicker to his lips.

"Stay awhile. My friends and I are bored."

I closed my eyes as I attempted to fight my way free, only to result in his grip tightening around my wrist.

Screams.

Agonizing screams.

Warm liquid hit my face.

More screams.

I was petrified in place, afraid to dare open my eyes as the screams were the only sound that pierced the silence.

Then there was silence.

My eyes fluttered open.

Blood.

Entrails.

Mortification engulfed me at the sight, and I began to step backwards, but was greeted by another warmth. I was frozen in place as I felt breath against my neck, bringing the hairs to an upright position.

"Hello there, miss."

I slowly turned, and my gaze was met by pure darkness. Fear began to cover me, and yet, I found myself oddly attracted. Black hair that was messily covering the left side of his face, greyed complexion, and a suit that seemed to add to the allure of this man that now stood before me.

"I do hope you are... all right."

His voice was poisoned with evil, with a hint of what sounded like lust.

My lips parted to speak, but was stolen as a laugh filled my ears.

"You're welcome, since you seem to have forgotten how to give thanks when someone helps you."

I turned towards the Irish accent, only to see a slightly smaller built man, with pale skin, and green hair that seemed to cover one of his eyes, showing only a black eye, with a green iris piercing into my soul.

"W--who are you guys? What happened to those guys? Wh--"

"You ask too many questions. You were in danger, and so we helped."

I remained silent. The pale one seemingly growing more and more irritated by the second.

"We will be seeing you, (y/n)..."

The suited male turned on his heel as he began to approach a pitch black alley, almost supernaturally darkened, with the pale following not far behind.

He stopped and turned to glance my way, a lustful expression clear on his face as his one eye seemingly undressing me before he turned and disappeared after the other male, leaving me standing in a pool of blood, tainting the beautiful white substance around us.