IX.

I sat in the darkness of my living room, with the only light seeking refuge within to be from the two small windows behind my tv. I had been channel surfing for who knew how long now, and without having even noticed, I had begun the third loop of my channels available. I sighed as I glanced towards the clock. 2:43pm. Today was a day off, and one in which I had actually hoped I had worked.

Mainly because I wanted an excuse to get out of the house.

And maybe to get to see Anti and Dark.

I froze after the thought, having expected to hear a snicker or some smartass comeback; but there was only silence in response. It was then I had only assumed he could get inside my head if he were close by. Meaning he wasn't around, and that also meant, hopefully, no Dark either.

And yet I found myself wanting to see them.

I made sure to leave myself a mental note to kick my ass later for even thinking of the two of them again. Last thing I'd need is for them to be hanging around my work. No doubt all business would be scared away, and I was also quite certain my co-workers would all flee at the sight of them. Particularly Anti. While he was indeed handsome, or at least, he would be, were it not for the sliced neck and dried blood that were present. That, and the almost constant glitching the more worked up he seemed to be.

And Dark... the red and blue lightening that emanated from his being was strange within itself. Almost in a 3D effect, and yet, the effect seemed to grow the more irritated he seemed to become. The two of them were clearly some form of entity that wasn't human, but you couldn't exactly put your finger one what they were. The only thing that seemed to come to mind were demons, and yet, they didn't exactly act as demons were supposedly meant to.

But then again, they also had some demonic traits to them that humans couldn't possess.

As I sat on my couch, biting down on my thumbnail, I had become so engrossed with my own thoughts, I hadn't even noticed the figure standing beside me, arms folded across his chest as it simply watched me writhe under my own thoughts and theories.

"Ya know, ya could just ask us."

The voice caused me to scream, nearly skyrocketing off my couch and flinging myself back towards the armrest of the couch. My heart pounded against my chest to the point I feared it'd tear itself from my chest and fall to the floor. But after taking in the figure that stood before me, my eyes landed on that familiar green hair, and I sighed while placing a hand upon my chest in a futile attempt to calm my racing heart.

"You scared the shit outta me, Anti..."

He climbed over the furthest armrest and towards me, small glitches here and there as he reached a hand out to brush some of my strands of hair behind my ear, his signature grin plastered across his face as though he had just discovered something new, "Good... that's what I like to hear."

As he drew in closer, I found myself torn between closing in the distance, and backing away. Instead, I remained absolutely still, my eyes scanning his black pair, the neon green that I had seen just the night before, that was so evident, now gone. I had, without having acknowledged it, reached out to brush my hand across the eye that housed that almost breathtaking colored hue, much to his surprise as he shot himself backwards, nearly sending himself backwards over the armrest.

"Sorry... I was just curious... about the eye."

He remained quiet, almost seeming to glare at me before that eye seemed to snap into reality, his right hand being plunged towards my neck as digits firmly wrapped themselves around my neck.

"It'd be best for your own safety if you don't ask such foolish questions."

I gasped as I reached for his hand that was resting itself comfortably around my neck, struggling to pry his fingers from my throat, before he shoved me backwards, sending my body up and over the armrest, gasping for air.

     L̛̎̏̑͛ͬ͗͗҉̰͕͍eͪ̆͑ͪ͌́̆̈͂҉͉͉͎̻̖͖̩̘͡ţ͈̲͈͙̝̣̌̀͌̊͒̾͜͜'̴̛̞̭̲̺̣͚̮ͯ̿ͨ̏̂s̛̤̗̖̖̣̗̤̎̓͌̿̂̈́̕ ̄͂̂ͫͣͭ͏͞͏̝p͚͎̥̙ͭͦͨ͋͘͞lͥ͊͑͏̭̮͕a̢͎̟͉͚̟̙̻ͬͥ͂̈́y͋̾̇͆ͦ̅ͮ̏͏̥͍̱͓͕͓͈ ̢̮̖ͥ͗̓̀̋̐̒̐a̶̹͛ͥ̔̾͗ͬ̚̚͞ ̵ͥͩ̚͏̺͇̼̺͉g̣͔͇̘ͫͅa̧̧̙͎̩̮͓͙͇̖̎ͮm̴̡̦̬͍̜̥̤͎̭̣ͥͤͫ̽ͩͭ͜e̶̶̬͍̙ͨ̆̿̕.̧̗ͬͭ͠.̭̐̆̆̈̓̕͜͞.̡̺̜̉͒̏͘ ͕̿̅ͪ̀̚͜͠o̷̬͉̳͔̹̹͚͓̎ͬ͑͡ḟ̝̹̙̖͓̞̳͋̅͝ ̧̧̼̙̹͚̙ͫ̒̈͝c̴͈̙̦͚̟͖ͫ̈͆͌̀̎ͤ́̌å̢̯̟͙͛͘͡t̷̩͈͈͙̩̩̣͚̗͛͋͌͆͗̚͡ ̡̦̗̱̯̞͉̻͖ͧ̓͠ͅa͓̞̰̯̖̎͜n̼̫̺͒̆̓̊ͭ́ͤ̅ḋ͎͛̾͂ͣͭ̈̿̂̀ ̤̟͇̩͊̽ͮ̏̿̓͒̋m̳̩̖̻̮̗̻͌ͫ̉̽ͪͅó̶̢͎̘̩̖ͭų̃̆ͬ̏͋͏̻̝͎͈̻ş͍͕͙͚̫̄̅͌ͥ̒͒̑͆̈͝e̅́ͭ̽ͭ͏̶̺̳.̳̩̬̱̙̺̐͝

I pushed myself to my knees to look over at the male, only to be greeted by solitude. I weakly stood to my feet, my orbs scanning the living room, seemingly burning into every dark corner in an attempt to find the green haired Irishman.

But I could happily say that I was once more alone with my thoughts, but that would eventually change.

Only this time, I would be ready for it.