XII.

Dark.

As the name seemed to fill my every thought, I had become so oblivious to my surroundings to block out even the most silent of sounds, as the very being of my thoughts stood behind me. He must have been attempting to gather my attention, as he soon had to find himself standing before me, his right foot tapping against my hardwood flooring. I glanced up at him with a fright, jumping slightly as his arms were crossed against his chest; no doubt out of sheer frustration or annoyance to having had to fight to snap me from my thoughts.

"I-I'm sorry, Dark... I was just-"

"Thinking... hmm, yes. I know."

There was a certain distance held within his voice, something that was never evident within his demeanor up until now, and I made a mental note to kick myself in the ass later as I glanced downwards towards my hands that still resided upon my lap.

"Anti will be here soon... he had other matters to attend to first."

"Greaaaat..." I mumbled as I glanced over my shoulder in case he too decided to appear at my backside. If he did, I wanted to be sure not to ignore him like I had with Dark.

I didn't really feel safe with a psychotic glitch bitch angrily standing behind me with a knife.

"Does it have anything to do with the choice you seemed to have given-"

"Choice?"

Oh sure, forget all about it why don't you?

"Earlier... you had said that you'd never hurt me like Anti... does this have anything to do with that?"

He seemed to ignore my inquiries, much to my annoyance, but I figured it best I not get on his bad side. Anti, I knew some extents to his bad side, but Dark? He could go off at the drop of a needle, and I'd never be seen or heard from again.

I heard a slight snicker behind me, and I wasted little to no time snapping my head around as Anti leaned against my front door, playing with one of his, I'm assuming, many knives from his collection.

"To answer your question, (y/n), it does."

And so, I remained sitting between the two men, my eyes drifting between the two as their eyes seemed to penetrate my very soul, causing me to shudder under their gaze.

If ever I was left with a possible life or death choice, this was it.