X.

As the time seemed to slowly drag on, I remained sat upon the floor, in the same spot I had sent falling onto from Anti having shoved me over the side of the armrest of my couch, endless thoughts rushing through my mind. A game of cat and mouse, huh? I found myself filled with excitement... and fear.

As I finally found the courage to stand, I heard the sounds of someone clearing their throat, and spun so quick on my heel I could have swore I gave myself carpet burn from having dug my heel into the carpet and spinning so fast on it.

"Hello again, (y/n). Doing well?" He spoke in a mocking tone, his blackened hues locked onto my throat, no doubt examining the red fingerprints Anti had unmistakably left upon my flesh when he decided to lash out at me. I lightly pressed my digits against the sore flesh, wincing as Dark had taken the opportunity to approach me. He brushed my hand away as he further examined the markings before pressing his lips against them. At first, all I could feel was a burning sensation, one in which caused me to clench my fists if it meant preventing a small scream from passing by my lips. But then, I felt cool. Cold, even.

Dark pulled away with a smile, one that caused my heart to nearly skip a beat. One that almost seemed human.

"I know I'm not exactly the most trustworthy between Anti and I... but I can promise you I would never hurt you in such a way."

He spoke as though I had a choice. To pick either him, or Anti. To be with a man prone to violent outbursts, towards both himself and to those around him. Who at times seemed to know just how to please someone, though again, perhaps only to please himself.

Or someone who, while being manipulative to obtain what he wanted, had shown no signs of being violent, either to himself or to others. Especially to me.

I watched him intently as our eyes seemed to lock with one another, and had become almost oblivious to my surroundings, as Dark had wrapped his arms around me, pulling me against him as he pressed his lips against mine. Before I could process what had even happened, Dark was pulling away as a black smoke began to engulf him, dissipating, leaving me alone once again.