The letter

" It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. "

-Albus Dumbledore
________________________________________________________________

Aahana's accident had robbed Mohit of the little normalcy that he expected from life.

It wasn't that easy for him to move on. Somewhere deep inside, he felt that it would require him a lifetime to fade away the true love of his life.

It was a kind of love, seeing which people would ask,

"After all this time?"

And slowly he would reply, with the tears defying the control over them.

"Always"

Harry Potter always had something that Mohit could relate to. The intense lines seemed to perfectly fit into his love story that fate had left incomplete.

The story of Mohit and Aahana.

All that he could claim as his own now, was the daughter of Aahana and her husband Rishav.

She, at the current moment slept peacefully on his lap curled up like a little fur ball.

Mohit caressed her lovingly, singing a very faint and now almost inaudible lullaby.

He too, was on the verge of plunging into the vast eternal world of sleep when suddenly he was rudely awoken by the sudden buzzing of the cellphone.

"Stupid stupid phone," he muttered, cursing under his breath.

Quite reluctantly, he picked up the call, becoming even more irritated hearing an unknown voice.

"Is this Mr Manchandani speaking ??"

The voice was polite yet firm.

"Yes?" he replied, in a tone that meant nothing but sheer disinterest.

"I'm afraid you need to come down to the local police station to discuss a few things that have recently captivated our interest."

The voice though polite, now had a sense of command to it.

"Care to answer why ?" Mohit asked, keeping his cool.

"It so happens that we have opened the case of Aahana Roy once again, and some disturbing facts have come up. I think our recent evidences are worth your time and attention."

He suddenly felt his heart pumping double the amount of blood, thumping much more loudly. Wide awake, the words were now swirling inside his brain.

"Wh-who are you ?" he asked, with a quiver in his voice. The coolness in his attitude evaporated into thin air.

"I'm Ajay Singh. Officer in charge of the nearby police station."

"I'll be there within 20 minutes," Mohit said, before disconnecting the call. Sweating profusely, he was thinking of the words that his brain just now had registered.

"Disturbing facts....Aahana's case...new evidences...What the hell was happening ?"

He kept repeating these lines, without any clue of what was going on.

Then after gently placing the little girl on bed, he went to the other room, to change.

After about 2-3 minutes he came out dressed in an crisp lilac colour shirt and faded jeans. The shirt looked graceful on his muscular and tall frame.

With fair amount of good looks along with sharp features and a good jawline, he was one of the most talked about guy in office.

Girls literally fawned over him.