Blood spilled

" Life never stops for anyone. It keeps on rolling. "
                               -Paulo Coelho
_______________________________________________________________

Start of the next morning was warm and sunny, radiating positivity. No one could've imagined the dreadful things, that were about to follow.

Finishing breakfast around 11o'clock, everyone settled in for some scenic beauty before the inevitable parting. The beach seemed unusually calm, with the winds bringing forth no motion.

Mohit looked sleep deprived, Diya groggy still, but Nikki in high spirits after sleeping like an koala the previous night. Ajay's face had a smile plastered over it, with his manners having an uncanny air of happiness. It seemed like he was trying to ward off the tension that hung over them all.

The police hovering near them felt like an air pressure trough, giving an unsettling feeling. With damped spirits, Ajay finally made up his mind to get over with all of this.

He gave some final instructions to the police, before setting off to the police station. He was having a very queer feeling of some imminent danger. Turning at the near by bend, he glanced at the happy faces of Mohit, Diya, Nikki for one last time, before the car blurred out of vision. With Ajay gone, no one felt like enjoying any longer, so they all went inside to pack the remaining thighs. And as soon as they left, all hell broke loose.

Ajay was greeted by commotion of humongous magnitude upon reaching the police station. People scurried around with a look of exasperation on their face. Going inside, he saw Wilson and Rathode upon multiple calls, barking instructions at anyone close.

"What's going on?" asked Ajay, with sense of utter bafflement.

"Sir, we've been reported of 12 murders since morning, multiple break ins, robberies and kidnappings." said Rathode, sounding exasperated.

"Shit! All of a sudden?"

"Yes sir, today itself. We're having difficulty in dispatching our men, because the police force under us is restricted to a few hundred."

The television set in the background, relayed of some bank robbery committed, as Rathode started to pull on the very few tufts of hair on his head.

"We've received calls from the commissioner's office!!" Rathode howled, again torturing his hair.

"Jeez, calm down. I'll dispatch the men you've sent to me an-" It suddenly occurred to him.

Mohit and co!! The million dreadful possibilities ran through his brain. It was an emergency!! Without wasting anymore time, he stormed out of the office.

"Sir, where are you going??" both his students called from behind, to which he just shouted "LATER" before jumping inside that same van.

Back in the hotel everything was serene and calm, when suddenly people in black gear started lurking around the hotel and then before the policemen could comprehend anything, there was blood and shattered bodies all around.

The men loaded with their specialized guns were more than match, for the normal police officers. The officers were being taken down though more in number, when suddenly one constable ran to Mohit's room screaming like a banshee. Mohit wasn't unaware of the noises heard outside and at once opened the door, to confront the officer, whose hand now was mangled, with a mad look all over his face.

"Sir...sir please leave, we've got orders to save you. They're com-" but even before completing the sentence, the officer collapsed on the ground in front of Mohit, as Diya cusped her hand around Nikki's eyes.

"We'll leave right now!!" shouted Mohit taking Nikki in his arm, before breaking into the corridor. Gory screams coul be heard from the frontal part of the hotel, along with angry gunshots fired.

"Dad, I'm scared. What if we di-die?" sobbed Nikki, clutching Mohit tightly.

"Look up to me and listen closely. There's something their guns can't touch, Nikki. There's something that makes us more powerful than them. It's hope. The hope that burns inside us. Keep it alive and you'll be fine. This will end and....we'll all return home as a happy family," said Mohit, hugging her tightly, with his eyes shifting to Diya. She was family, too.

Nikki seemed a little pacified at by the words. She sobbingly nodded, closing her eyes, as if trying to fall asleep.

"Front door isn't an option anymore, we have to try for the back gate," Mohit said breathlessly to Diya, sprinting along the long corridor.

The hotel had an complex plan, that was one of the main reason that the surge didn't reach them that easily. A few round spiral staircases and they were down inside a basement like place, where there was one single minuscule metal door that lead to the outlet of the hotel.

Mohit pushed the door with more force than required, moving outside with quite an effort.

"Welcome," said a voice with an cold sneer, before the world black out in front of Mohit, as his head connected with something solid. Nikki fell down from his hand, letting out a piercing scream. Diya like an idiot rushed outside to help them, but she too was tackled with ease by two of Rishav's bodyguards.

"How could I leave the most interesting piece of the game,"  said Rishav looking at Nikki, pressing a handkerchief dipped in chloroform to her nose, until her futile struggle ceased.

"Daa- " Nikki uttered vaguely before the surroundings faded, as darkness engulfed her.

"Sorry Nikki, just bear with your father for a while. I promise everything will be fine," whispered Rishav, cradling Nikki in his lap.

His bodyguards dragged both Mohit and Diya to the car nearby, dumping their bodies at the back seat, as Rishav seated himself next to the driver. With in seconds the engine roared to life, and there remained no trace of the kidnapping.

Ajay over here drove with the accelerator being under more pressure than usual. It was a near miracle that he reached the hotel without an accident. And the horrifying scene in front of him, was violence at it's best.

Bodies lay here and there smeared in blood, with the walls, the sand everything being painted in red. Ajay ran in hope of rescuing at least someone, tightly clasping the revolver. But, it was too late. Many of the constables, officers were known faces, and Ajay found tears rolling down his eyes without any actual effort.

Among the dead, was a young 25 year old, who happily mentioned to Ajay, that he was going to propose to hiss girlfriend after this shift got over. Well, the shift never got over....

Among the dead, was a father who had promised his son, of going to the amusement park after this shift got over...

Among the dead, Ajay found thousands of living and shattered memories.

He was man of a strong nerve, but even he found his legs weak and eyes moist. So many innocent lives lost, and he was an indirect reason. Unwillingly dragging his feet, he went inside to discover what he had anticipated. No trace of Mohit, Diya or Nikki. He also found a dead officer, lying on the cold floor,grilled with bullets. Everyone else was kidnapped!!

"Rishav, you've finally started playing your game. But, I'm not done playing mine yet," Ajay mumbled, with his teeth clenched, as he gazed at the trace of blood at the back door of the hotel.

"I'm coming, you bastards," he bellowed, running like thunder to the van.

There was no time to waste....

________________________________________________________________

A/N :-

Quite a chapter, eh?

I know I've promised to update regularly, but all these scenes are harder to channel from the world of my thoughts to here.

But, if you vote, comment and share this chapter, I might feel more motivated and start putting in more effort.

Moreover, if you vote for this chapter you will never in life be bothered by mosquitoes again.

Love y'all and byeee.