It all starts

"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
                                        -Sarah Williams
________________________________________________________________

Diya had to shout herself hoarse the next morning to wake the two of them.

Well, people who sleep at 3 in the morning can't be considered as morning person.

And ever since then, she kept shooting sideward towards them seeing their happy and content faces.

After checking out, while they were still in the lobby, Diya cornered Mohit and whispered to him so that Nikki won't hear what they were talking about.

"You ar-aren't gay, right? I mean, please don't tell me you and Ajay had sex or something?"

Mohit felt like bursting out with laughter, but he kept his composure and decided to play it cool.

With a look of horror, he glanced at Diya and said, "How di-did you know? I told Ajay not to tell you anything."

Diya felt like her world was spinning and lucky for her that Mohit clutched her tightly in time before she could fall facedown on the ground.

"You dimwit, do I look like gay to you? I don't know how you came up with that theory!! said Mohit, growing red in face.

Diya heaved a sigh of relief, but the scene was a little awkward as she was almost dangling in his arms, and there were now a few other people in the lobby.

"Um...you know, I feel like I can stand."

Mohit suddenly realized that he was almost clutching Diya by her waist in an highly awkward pose.

He blushingly said sorry leaving her instantly, only to make her fall face down for real this time.

"Fuck you, you tall lanky bastard," Diya howled standing up straight holding her head.

Mohit could barely keep himself from laughing and Nikki too felt like bursting out with laughter.

Ajay in the meanwhile had gone to stack himself with his essential supply of chips.

Upon returning, he was greeted by the same old scene in which Mohit and Diya were bickering.

"If you want to shout yourself hoarse at each other you should just marry," he said yawing.

Both of them turned a bright shade of red at this snide remark, but managed to cover it effectively.

"Like I would marry a tall bastard like him?"

"Can you speak a little louder, your voice can't be heard from up here."

"But with my height I can grievously damage your thermostat."

"Will you suck it or what?"

"Why you..."

Ajay already had enough of this, he coughed a bit and said, "We should just keep those sexual fantasies for later and keep moving."

Mohit and Diya both shot death glances at him, which Ajay yawned to in return.

Thirty minutes later they were again on the road with Ajay at the steering and Nikki beside him, which left Mohit and Diya at the back.

They were still fighting and hitting each other but Ajay knew that it was more than just a "friendly" fight.

The NH48 highway being a busy route experienced a heavy flow of traffic everyday which forced their journey to slow down a bit.

The roads felt like a drive away from their monotonous lifestyle, leaving everything behind. Aiming for the unknown.

They drove on for hours, reaching Jaipur within nightfall, where they again checked in at a hotel to spend the night.

Sunrise at the distant horizon marked the resume of their journey and with that again a long and tiresome drive, accelerating them closer to the destination.

But by then, everyone seemed exhausted, tired and grumpy.

Nikki complained that she had missed so many shows. Ajay complained that his stock of chips kept on depleting so fast and Diya complained that she was already starting to have dark circles.

"Please guys, it's not easy on me either but can you all quit being such little tantrum throwers?" requested Mohit for the fifth time that day.

So, with spirits not that high, they all reached Goa around 2pm that day. Mohit already had booked a sea facing hotel, that too at a cheaper rate given the fact that this was off season.

Diya protested that it was too expensive, but Mohit wanted Nikki's first experience of a vacation to be grand.

Happy moods and everything but Ajay felt something was not right. Even while driving, he could feel a black car almost tailing them. It was always at a constant distance from them, but it was quite odd.

The others were not aware yet, but Ajay was always on high alert. He kept his service revolver loaded and handy, just in case...

While they were at it, few people were busy plotting their next moves. Busy, scheming something evil...

"They've reached Goa, my lord,"

"Ah...finally some good news. Did you give them the first hand experience?"

"We'll get it done soon," said the spy, as a trickle of sweat ran down his neck.

The lights in the room were so dimmed that it was hard to make out the features of the person sitting on the opposite side of the table. But, his voice was quite clearly what death would sound like. Distant and cold.

"And take good care, I want him and the little girl alive. Now, dismiss."

Moving outside in the broad daylight, he sighed with despair. He wanted to ask for a hike in salary as he was working his ass off just to give all the intel. But, his mofo boss's intensity level was so damn high, that he couldn't even voice his request.

Although, he had an internal feeling of happiness, because he knew that the real game was just about to begin and someone was about to pay.

Dearly....

________________________________________________________________

A/N :-

Yo guys, long time no see.

Well, I went on hiking and then had a date night and it was all so crazy.

Lol, I wish all those things were for real but nope they aren't. I just sat at home revising equations and shit for my ongoing exams.

So, hope you enjoyed it.

And if you did, then please vote, comment and share. It means a lot to me.

Love y'all and bye.