Journey

" We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out. "
-Winston Churchill
________________________________________________________________

The journey from Shimla to Goa was 39 hrs long. But with friends, time always flies faster.

After growing out of the formality zone, everyone seemed to be gelling well.

Ajay and Nikki were having interesting conversations and they seemed dead serious about whatever they were discussing. Even Mohit and Diya were having fun insulting each other and cracking jokes.

"You don't think I'm sexy enough ??" Diya challenged, suddenly posing like a model.

Sexy as hell, Mohit thought.

"No-no I think you're cute and...." he trailed off, blushing.

Now having shifted seats, Mohit took the steering and Diya the front seat. At the back, Ajay and Nikki exchanged words excitedly, making themselves home.

At the front, Mohit had to suppress multiple yawns, while Diya ranted about how many boys fawned over her in college.

She even caught him yawning once in the middle, and rewarded him with a hard punch in the gut.

The people at the back were quite inexperienced in the field of love. Hence, they talked about aesthetic topics.

"Do you believe in unicorns ?" Nikki enquired for the fifth time, with eyes so wide that an entire galaxy could be fit inside.

"With or without tail ?" Ajay asked, hardly able to suppress a chuckle.

"But, all unicorns have tails."

"Well, I've seen one without a tail and she's sooo cute."

"Where where where ???"

"Sitting just beside me."

At this, Nikki blushed. She always loved when people said cute stuff about her.

"You're cute," she replied, pulling Ajay's cheeks.

"Thank you, little miss."

"Looks like you've got yourself a boyfriend." butted in Mohit, thoroughly enjoying the little scene unfolding behind.

Nikki flashed her tongue at Mohit and replied, "When you bicker with Diya I don't butt my head in, do I ?"

This fierce comeback had everyone burst into laughter, with Mohit slightly turning a shade of maroon.

Because of having crazy and funny companions, they covered much of the journey without being visibly that much tired.

Mohit and Ajay shifted seats while driving. Whereas, Diya and Nikki just sat there playing games and occasionally teasing Mohit.

But, the journey in itself was hell lot tedious and the strain started to wear them off. After almost being on the road for 10 long hours, Mohit finally decided to call it a day and check in at some nearby hotel.

By the time they reached a hotel, Diya and Nikki were fast asleep and Ajay was on the verge of making a world record for the most number of yawns.

With a lot of prodding and whinnying, everyone finally seemed ready to move out of the car and check in.

The hotel Mohit chose was gigantic and seemed quite expensive. Ajay sucked in a breath.

Bloody hell, there's no way I can afford this, he thought.

So while heading to the reception, Ajay ushered Mohit to a corner and voiced his concern.

Mohit just laughed it off and replied, "Oh please, you're not paying for anything here. I'm going to use my advantage of being a rich brat. It's on me."