Run!

"My last poem never reached you. It drowned in the river of my thoughts"                      
                                         -Srinjoy
________________________________________________________________

That night, air was moist with love and broken boundaries as Mohit and Diya laid side by side thinking about the moment of ecstasy shared between them.

It seemed like a thread was entangling them both in a beautiful plot. The thread was love.

"Diya happened" would have been an understatement. It was more like Mohit letting her into his heart knowingly, feigning ignorance.

He wanted to feel someone love and care for him. He wanted to feel everything that he never had felt before. He wanted to feel....happy.

Miracles do happen in novels, but the side effect of those miracles tear off people in reality. Mohit now had a beautiful family. Nikki, Ajay, Diya these were no longer just names. They were memories. Happy memories that made living worth it.

But, on the other hand there was a mother waiting for her child. Living almost on a false hope, that one day she might see her Nikki. Mohit wanted to help Aahana, no matter whatever the price was.

Although, Diya laying by his side moved on a totally different train of thoughts. She was a simple girl just a few days back, babysitting for money to start her own nursery school.

But now here she was, laying beside a tragic hero, supposedly wanting to help him find his ex-crush, accompanied by his adopted daughter and a lazy ass cop. Life would have still been simple, if she hadn't fallen in love with this hero, and ended up making love to him.

"Hey, don't you think we should leave?" finally said Mohit, after what felt like eternities.

"Mohit, umm about what happened..." stuttered Diya, with her cheeks burning.

"I love you, too."

A moment of silence between them. Diya wasn't sure that she heard him right. Mohit saying I love you to her. Catastrophic.

"You sure?" she asked dumbly gaping at him, like he had grown extra arms and limbs.

"As long as you don't hit me hard," replied Mohit pulling her close, as their lips again found each other. Diya hugged him, with tears streaming down her face.

"Wh-what happened? Why are you crying?"

"Not accustomed of sooo much love from Mr.Grumpy."

"Get used to it."

"So, now can we leave or you suggest something else, like hula hooping?"

"Leaving sounds fine, but who would say no to a good game of hula hooping?" 

Both of them childishly giggled at this, before standing up to leave.

Reaching for the mobile, Mohit felt like a hammer was severed against his chest. There were 11 missed calls from Ajay, with the analogue watch gleaming, it's hand almost near 3 o'clock.

"We're hell late, quick!!" Mohit barked at Diya, breaking down into a run.

Diya had a hard time catching up with him, and by the time they reached the hotel lobby, she was huffing like a puffer fish.

Moving up to their room on the 2nd floor they found Nikki safely tucked inside the blanket, with Ajay dozing by his size. Few vigorous jerks and finally Ajay stirred up a bit, sitting bolt upright.

"Where were you two, morons?" he asked, with his tone dramatically high.

"Just exploring the place," Mohit replied, intently gazing down, as Diya shifted uneasily beside him.

"Cover the love bite, Missy," he said glancing at Diya's neck. Sneaky bastard, she screamed from inside, quickly hiding it behind her curls..

"Now listen closely, because this is important. We are being tracked by some people. They want to kidnap Nikki and hurt us all. I was even attacked near the market today, and I think all of this has something to do with Aahana. It's best to move out of Goa tomorrow. We need to keep Nikki safe." said Ajay breathlessly. He seemed visibly shaken.

"But, this is our only chance to find Aahana," countered Mohit, as waves of fear ran past him.

"Please understand, they're large in number. It's not worth the risk."

"I'm not going anywhere, without Aahana."

"I'll go to the police station once, and ask for some protection on our way back to Shimla," Ajay replied casually, standing up.

"I WILL NOT LEAVE, UNDERSTAND?" bellowed Mohit, holding Ajay by the collar.

"Thought so. There are policemen outside our hotel, so there's no way in hell you can run away. I'll come and fetch you all once I've made all the arrangements."

"Papa?" Nikki whispered from behind in the her sleepy voice, suddenly being woken up by all the shouting, and also maybe because her beauty sleep was completed.

Mohit felt a bit ashamed with the way he behaved with Ajay. Loosening his grip, he moved towards Nikki, slowly patting her back to sleep.

"I can understand what you're going through, but I can't afford to lose you all," muttered Ajay, with a sinking feeling in his heart.

"Fine, but promise me we'll come back again," said Mohit, not taking his eyes away from Nikki. It was impossible for him to imagine her being hurt. Truly, it was not worth the risk.

"Yeah, I promise we will. We should sleep now."

All of them agreed, though they knew sleep in these conditions was impossible. But, laying down at least helped being at ease, and find a way to figure everything out.

They had only taken one room after much persuasion from Diya, so there wasn't enough place for everyone. Mohit slept on the couch, Ajay on the floor, and Nikki along with Diya on the single bed.

Things were about to take a dark turn soon...

"Boss, two of my spies were caught by that Ajay," said the head of the spies. This time the conversation was via phone and he felt more eased.

"Fucking idiots! I told you that Ajay is the bloody best. Now, what will we do?" hissed the voice on the other side of the phone.

"We need to capture them by tomorrow sir, or they might be out of reach."

"Dispatch all your men, EVERYONE. Start riots, murders, kidnappings throughout the whole state. Create diversions, I'll give you as much you want for all of this. I need Mohit and that little girl."

"Do-don't mind sir, but who are you?"

"RISHAV ROY"

With that the call disconnected, as the spy shuddered thinking that he was working for the youngest drug dealer of India.

"Run!" he whispered, smiling at the photo of Mohit laying in front of him...

________________________________________________________________

A/N :-

This book is finally entering into it's last and according to me the most interesting phase.

I'll now update almost regularly because my exams are over.

If you've enjoyed this chapter then vote, commemt and share. It makes me feel happy.

Love y'all and byee.