Feelings

" Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. "
                                              -Ed Sheeran
________________________________________________________________

Diya could feel herself being sucked into a whirlpool of emotions as hours crawled by.

Although she tried hard to keep her distance from Mohit, it was harder than she thought it would be.

You can't just ignore someone on a roadtrip when for the most of the time you two are travelling side by side.

Diya enjoyed pretending like she was annoyed with Mohit most of the time, but deep down she knew that she was glad to be with him. Glad to be together.

That day while Ajay drove in the silence of the evening with the setting sun at the distant corner of the sky, the car was in total calm.

Nikki slept peacefully with her head propped up against the closed window. Mohit at the back shifted positions to look for a comfortable spot, while Diya absentmindedly stared out of the window.

The tint of orange all over the sky along with the shifting of the clouds was of beauty beyond comprehension, and she seemed lost in the beauty of the dying sun rays.

Suddenly she felt something rest on her lap resulting her to look inside. Mohit now stretching as much as the compressed automobile would allow him to, slept peacefully with his head resting on her lap.

Her first impulse was to shout at him, but the calm on his face felt so serene that she decided against it. She could feel herself growing red in face, but she couldn't tear her eyes from him.

His hair was a mess like always and there were dark circles under his eyes. The collar of his shirt was a bit wet from drooling, but his perfect features glowed in the orange of the sky.

Diya couldn't resist caressing his hair slowly, looking out of the window. Some evenings are jut magical, and so was this one.

"Yeah, he needs some affections at this point of time. He has always been so lonely," said Ajay, looking at the scene unfolding behind.

"What are you taking about ?" she asked, again recoiling her hand. She didn't expect Ajay was watching all along. Shit.

"Please continue, I didn't mean to interrupt," he said, again focusing on the road.

"I-I wasn't doing a-anything," she protested, blushing beyond measure.

"But, the blush on you face suggests otherwise. You love him don't you?"

" I-I don't..." she trailed away. She didn't even know what her emotions for Mohit were like, but she felt deeply for whatever it was.

"People find me quite intelligent, ya know. Your eyes give away the answer that you try to hide so desperately. Listen to your heart, it knows."

"Even if I do, he loves Aahana too dearly. It would never be of any use," Diya said, heaving a sigh, before again falling silent.

"Look, this is pure evil I'm talking about, but you can split them up. Mohit bears some feelings towards you, and Aahana's memories slowly are fading away from his heart."

"And, how do you know all this?"

"Apparently, other than doing the gay shit that you think we do, we also talk about our past lives and things like that," said Ajay, smirking.

Diya felt her ears burn with shame on account of those sly comments.

Ajay smiled looking at her expression and said, "Never mind that. You just focus on eliminating competition."