Tear you apart

" Normality is a paved road:
It's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow. "
                 -Vincent van Gogh
________________________________________________________________

The hooded figure smiled, observing them from above the tall building.

"Awww how cute !! Two people falling in deep eternal love and shit like that. It'd be a shame to kill them right away," he thought to himself, aiming the silenced Beretta at them.

"Guess, you'll live a few more days, Mohit. We'll just settle this once we all reach Goa."

And slowly, he lowered the gun smiling hysterically.

"Soon..." he mouthed darkly, walking away from the scene, with face clouded with an evil grin.

Although, it was not long before he again started humming a song. The Beretta in his hand swayed to the tunes that he hummed all the way back to his Porsche, parked at a safe distance from the building.

He gave one last look at the couple and then slipped inside the car, smirking. Within no time, the car blurred away in the sea of people.

The interior of the car now was drowned in soft music, which he hummed to, slowly.

People would have a hard time guessing that this same man was planning a cold blooded murder just a few minutes back.

And that was the attitude required in his world of expertise...

Back here, Diya and Mohit sat contemplating the silence, thinking about each other.

Mohit could sense that Diya was kinda hurt when he mentioned to her about Aahana, but sadly he couldn't figure out how to comfort her.

Diya on her part felt that her world was falling apart, and sadly all she could do was sit and watch.

That feeling of freezing from inside was so unsettling that it ushered unshed tears in her eyes.

"If Cody's parents don't refrain from kissing, I swear to god I'll have blood of two people on my hand."

Diya gave a half smile, turning her face away from Mohit just in case she started crying.

A smiling face with a screaming soul is probably the rarest metaphor possible. And, that metaphor was now blooming inside her.

The whole situation was growing awkward with every passing minute, when suddenly intervention came.

Diya clapped her hands as a signal to retreat back home.

Nikki was in no mood to go back, and even Mohit didn't show much enthusiasm. So, after bickering for almost ten minutes they all started heading homewards.

The one thing that was now common in all three of them was, that they all were broken pieces spinning around in this vast universe.

Nikki was devoid of her family. Mohit was devoid of Aahana, and Diya now devoid of Mohit. Cycle of forever alone syndrome in short.

Diya didn't speak a word to Mohit while returning home. Her strategy was Avoid-him-and-you'll-forget-him.

Another reason for being aloof was, every time she opened her mouth, a cracked voice filled with tears emerged. So, she decided that it was better to shut up.

With moods sombre, everyone reached home quickly this time.

Upon reaching, while Mohit was about to enter, he caught glimpse of a note just front of the door.

The note read,

"Death awaits you at Goa, so better not visit soon."

Working against what is advised was the bloodline trait of Mohit, and in a second he finalised the trip to Goa.

Ringing Ajay he informed about his determination to leave for Goa early tomorrow.

An yawning Ajay on the other side of the phone informed that there were no flights available within three days, leaving by road travel as the only option.

With a rush of adrenaline, Mohit agreed to the by road plan.

He asked Ajay to make all the arrangements and disconnected the call without wanting any suggestions from him.

"What a drag, man...." Ajay mumbled this side of the phone, yawing larger than a sperm whale.

That whole day passed by with the three of them packing whatever they felt were important respectively.

Nikki packed her toy set, Diya her makeup kit, and Mohit his enthusiasm.

Diya almost had an urge to hit him square across the face, yell at him and then kiss him straight, telling how much she loved him.

So, with a turmoil of rolling emotions everyone settled to go to bed around 2am in the morning.

Next day, Mohit was the one to wake up almost 2 hours before the other two, prodding them to do stuff.

Nikki at one point being irritated whispered to Diya, "You shouldn't have hit him that hard. Now he has lost his marbles."

"Guess you're right," sighed Diya, really taking the fact into consideration.

With everything packed, they were ready to depart at around 8 in the morning. And, with top notch enthusiasm.

Although, Ajay with his lazy ass showed up around 9, in a battered Tata Sumo that made squeaky noises every now and then.

"This is what you mean by early ??" was Mohit's morning greetings.

"Well good morning to you. I'm fine and thank you for asking," Ajay retorted, yawning.

"We should really get going," said Mohit, after piling the back seat with their luggage.

There was still enough room for the four of them. Nikki hopped in with Diya to sit at the back, while Mohit got Ajay as a partner in the front seat.

As Ajay roared the engine to life, Diya just looked heavenwards thinking,

"This would be one hell of a trip."

________________________________________________________________

Hello guys, this is the pesky author once again.

We've crossed the 1K reads milestone and I'm super happy. Thank you for all the love and support.

Like my cover? You can also get such awesome covers. I'm thinking of designing a few.

If you're interested dm me, I'll be more than happy to help you.

Payment ? Just give me a shout-out on the first chapter of your story.

And if you like this chapter, then satisfy that hollow star at the bottom of the page by filling it's soul with the enticing deep yellow colour.

It'll mean a lot to your inner satisfaction, I swear.

Love you all and byeee.