Shadow

" Death of millions is a statistic while death of an individual is a tragedy. "
-Plato
________________________________________________________________

"They will be heading towards Goa within a few days."

The spy fidgeted nervously.

"DAMN !! Giving important updates to this man is equivalent to enduring a trauma technique," he thought in his mind, sweating profusely.

The hooded figure on the opposite side of the room didn't show any emotion to the news.

"They are? And how many of them are going?" asked the lofty and dreamy voice.

"Four, my lord."

"Well...well...then show some hospitality to them, when they reach here. I don't want to be unfriendly to them in any manner. "

"Ye-Yes sir."

"Did your voice just quiver ?"

"No-no sir!"

"It's fine to be afraid. You are after all gambling upon your life, working with me," said the voice, cackling with ice cold laughter.

Maniac sort of laughter.

Then in an icy cool and almost inaudible whisper, voice came,

"If the news turns out to be a bluff, then make no mistake, you will be BURIED ALIVE."

"I'm quite sure of the news, my lord," replied the spy, almost trembling with fear.

"Hmm....very nice then. And, may I assume that the short trip to Aahana's house was worth it ?"

" Yes, my lord. In fact that trip was the main catalyst to this present situation.  Mohit seeing the letter could not resist but give it one last shot."

"Love is such a blinding feeling isn't it ?" hissed the voice again, from the other side of the room.

"Indeed, my lord."

The spy on the point of passing out with fear, when he heard the emotionless voice again fill the room,

"Dispatch your men, on airports, on railway stations....everywhere.
Not as thugs or bouncers, but as porters, taxi drivers etc. And, trace down all their movements. Will you please do this much for me ?"

And, an uneasy silence enveloped the room, as the voice slowly fainted.

The last line was nothing but an order. An order, in a terrifyingly requesting tone.

"Definitely, my lord."

"Dismiss," said the cold voice.

The spy went out of the room without another word.

Once outside, he breathed a sigh of relief. He could just thank god, that he was still alive.

Coming out of that terrorising atmosphere, his brain was again working quite brilliantly.

So, he again went back to working on the project, his menacing boss had assigned him with. His mind just had one question about his boss.

"Who is he ??"

________________________________________________________________

Well, sorry for this short chapter, I was kinda busy yass.

But, this chapter is important because it marks the entry of the main villain in the story.

I hope you enjoyed it. And, if you did, then vote, comment and share.

It means a lot to me.

Love y'all and byeee.