Chapter Twenty-Four

TaeHyung: Are you sure we were just friends?

Y/n: Huh? What do you mean?

TaeHyung: Were we really just friends? I mean, just friends. No more?

Y/n: Um..No...we were more than friends...

His eyes widen.

Y/n: You see...we were best friends.

TaeHyung: Are you sure? You're not lying, right?

Y/n: No, why would I lie? That's all I can tell you. Why do you ask?

TaeHyung: Nothing, it's just whenever I look at you or touch you, ( he was a bit hesitant) I just, It just feels right. Like this was how it was meant to be. I don't  know how to explain it. I just feel different around you.

Y/n: Um, I don't know. Maybe it was because we were friends( I tried making up the best excuse that I could come up with). We were a bit tight. ( I gave a nervous laugh).

TaeHyung: Maybe...

Y/n: I'm going to copy these papers.

I go up to leave but he called me back.

Y/n: Yes?

TaeHyung: The copier is right there.

He pointed near my desk. I gave him a nervous smile as he chuckled.

Y/n: Thank you. 

I quickly walk over to my desk. I could feel my face burning up and my heart pumping like crazy. Is he looking t me? Why did he ask those questions? Does he remember? I slowly looked up to see his eyes on me. I quickly look away and tried to keep my mind off of him. We didn't talk the rest of the day.

*8:30pm*

Finally, It's time to go home. I grab my purse and headed out. After about 20 minutes I arrived home. I opened the door to hear the tv turned on. They should be asleep by now.  I'm going to kick their butts. I slowly crept toward the living room. As I was about to scare them I saw them sleeping peacefully on the sofa. They must have fallen asleep waiting for me.

Y/n: Jungkook? ( I slowly shook him). Jungkook?

He opened his eyes and smiled at me.

JungKook: You're home.

I smiled back.

Y/n: Yea, what are you guys doing here? You should be sleeping in the bedrooms. Were you waiting for me?

He nodded.

Y/n: Here, let's go sleep.

I lifted Taekwon up and carried him to his room. I tucked him into bed and kiss his cute little forehead.

Y/n: Goodnight.

I walked out of his room and into mine. I took a shower and got ready for bed. I turned off the lights and got into bed thinking about what happened today. What if Taehyung regains his memory? What will that do to us? He is married and I, I'm engaged. I was so into my thoughts that I didn't hear Jungkook come in.