19

Well guys, it's your lucky day. The weather was so bad here today the roads were impassable, and I got out of work with a snow day! So I hope you enjoy the update!

<><><><><>

I turned away from Jo, stalking back over to where Simon was doing what he did best. My men were all waiting for orders, and it was going to take a while to clean all of this up. That bastard had made a mess of the market. I didn't need to oversee Simon and my men but I didn't need to personally pick out all of her weapons for her either like some love sick puppy.  

I also didn't need to kiss her. I already had a hard enough time keeping my mind off the woman. She was sexy as hell, but there were other women who were prettier, thinner, and more interested. I shouldn't have kissed her, it was stupid and impulsive but I had been keyed up from the fight and wasn't thinking. Well I had been thinking, it just wasn't with my head. I had been thinking she was goddamn magnificent. She was smart and fast. Even under-armed she would be my first choice to have at my back in a fight any day. She doubted herself, but she was more powerful than she knew. I wanted her for what she could do for the community, but she was no soldier. She had shown that when she refused to stay back with the others. She was a warrior and I wanted her for myself. 

"Boss?" Simon's voice cut into my thoughts and I glared at him. He and Dwight were looking at me expectantly and I realized then they must have said something to me. Shit. She was as distracting now that the fight was over as she had been during it. 

"What?" I growled. There was shit to get done down here, but what I really needed was some time upstairs. Might help get my mind off my smoking hot and extremely deadly friend. 

"Do you want us to do an inventory of the booths? Or do you trust the workers to do one?" Simon asked. 

I glared at Simon for asking such a stupid question. "What the shit do you think?" I snapped. Simon of all people knew better. 

Simon nodded and turned back to the line up of soldiers and ordered them to start the inventory. I reached out and snagged Simon's arm. "Whatever Regina pulls for Jo is her's free and clear," I told him. 

Simon's eyes flickered with surprise for a second but he quickly got his expression back under control. He nodded briskly. 

"Make sure Regina knows it to. I don't want any bullshit like what happened yesterday," I glared at him, so he would know I held him personally responsible for that mistake. "My Hot and Deadly Friend over there is as goddamn useless as all these shits were..." I snapped swinging Lucille around to encompass all of my soldiers. "...when she isn't armed. So make sure she has as many knives on that smoking hot bod as Regina can handle," I leaned in close to Simon, my smile firmly in place. "You got that?" I demanded through my teeth. 

Simon jerked his chin up and down a few times and I could practically smell the fear rolling off of him. It made my smile stretch wider. "Good," I growled and I turned back to the body laying in the middle of the floor. Jo's knives were still in it, but I had completely destroyed the skull with Lucille. There was no chance of him coming back. I picked up the gun that had fallen from his hand and looked it over. Simon was right behind me. I handed it back to him. 

"Not one of ours," I said. "So where did this piece of shit get a gun?"

Simon cocked his head to the side. "We can check the log, but he's one of the few workers who volunteers to go out on runs. My guess is he picked it up out there." 

"And no one saw this?" I asked tightly. I worked to keep my anger hidden behind a smile but I wasn't sure how successful I was. There were too many things going wrong since we had come back from our little family roadtrip to Georgia. I had to get control.