21

<><><><><>

Negan

Jo stalked closer to me, her body was tight and controlled. She stopped right next to me and she pushed herself up on her toes and leaned towards me. As badly as I wanted it, I knew there was no way this woman was about to kiss me. No way, no how. She was too pissed.

Her lips brushed across my cheek feather light and she leaned in so her breath was hot against my neck when she spoke.

"You're not the boss of me," and she strutted out of the room like the goddamn goddess she was, leaving me standing there with my jaw hanging.

"Well, shit," I muttered to myself. I didn't have anything else to say to that. I swiped a hand along my jaw and shook my head. That was the second time in as many days that woman walked away from me, leaving me panting after her.

She was goddamn magnificent.

I turned to follow her deliciously leather-clad ass, but hesitated, my eyes falling to her bed. When she had strutted out of there, exuding badassery from her pores, she forgot to grab her jacket for the run. I scooped it up and followed, pulling the door closed behind me.

I headed towards the courtyard knowing that was where all the assholes going on the run would meet. I still didn't like the idea of her going. It was too soon first of all. I had fought with her and she was not in a good enough head space to tell the good guys from the bad guys very easily if shit went down.

And shit always went down.

Secondly, I didn't like the idea of her going out of the fence to begin with. It had nothing to do with whatever there was between us. I wasn't a sexist dick like that. If she was going to insist on working for points, and it seemed like she was no matter what I said, she could do something else inside the fence. Something in the market, or something behind the scenes if she didn't want to be around crowds of people. Something she would have chosen before that asshole did what he did to her. Just the thought of that prick made me tighten my hand around the small leather jacket.

With no one around to see me acting like a pussy i jogged through the halls to catch up to her. She was just about to pull the door to outside open when I came around the corner. I slowed immediately to a casual swagger before she noticed. "Hey Hot Friend!" I called after her.

She froze and turned to face me. For just a second her eyes were wary and her shoulders were defensive. Then, it was like confidence roiled through her small frame and she lifted her chin a tiny bit and met my eyes defiantly.

She was pissed at me. Pissed about my wives. There had been sparks between us, there was no doubt about that. And not just sexually, although I was betting she would be a wildcat in the sack. She had trusted me too though, we fought together and I had been able to help her when she lost control. It seemed her being pissed at me had fixed her control issues, or she was just getting better at hiding it from me. As soon as she found out about my wives she had pulled back full force and now her temper gleamed in her gorgeous green eyes any time she looked at me.

I flashed her a confident smirk and held her jacket up by one finger. "Honey, you forgot your coat, you'll catch your death," I teased in a song-song voice.

Her nostrils flared and I could see her debating leaving me standing there again. Finally she huffed out an irritated sigh and she stalked back towards me. I forced myself to keep my eyes on her face no matter how badly I wanted to drag them up and down her frame. She had a scowl firmly in place. It might work to scare off all the little boys at recess but I found it sexy as hell. My smirk stretched wider and I ran my tongue along my lower lip.