30

<><><><><>

Jo

I quickly pulled on the clothes Regina brought me. Water still beaded my skin from the shower, but I was anxious to get dressed and out of this bathroom. I was hoping the fresh clothes would make me feel a little more secure and in control again. The graze on my arm throbbed and I was thankful Regina had sent a short sleeve black t-shirt with the leather pants. I didn't think she had picked out that many pairs for me. I had to be running low soon. To be honest, I just wanted some comfy jeans and a cozy oversized hoodie. I wanted something comfortable.

Instead I once again stepped out of the bathroom wearing a skin tight shirt and leather pants. I no doubt looked badass, but I certainly didn't feel it. I pulled open the door and was shrugging on my shoulder rig as I stepped out and froze.

Negan was standing at the dresser on the other side of the room. His back was to me, naked from waist up. I stared at the smooth planes of muscles as they moved when he tossed his blood stained shirt into the corner. His pants hung low on his slim hips as he bent down to pull a shirt out from the bottom drawer. Even from this distance I could see that he had tattoos on his biceps and his chest, but I couldn't make them out.

"Enjoying the show Hot Friend?" he teased.

I jolted, and swung away from him, my cheeks burning. I turned my attention to the food that was laid out on the coffee table. It was sandwiches and a few fresh veggies. Nothing that took as much concentration as I was giving them. Negan turned to face me, but I was staring intently at the food, refusing to meet his eyes. I didn't trust what he would see there. He let out a suggestive chuckle as he crossed the room, his eyes glittering as he held his shirt in his hands. I snatched up a sandwich and dropped myself down onto the couch, steadfastly ignoring him.

I wasn't going to look. He had been nothing but respectful and business like when I was in nothing but I towel. I could return the favor and not stare just because he was shirtless.

After a few seconds he made a noise of disappointment and pulled his shirt over his head. My eye flickered up in time to see the pull of his abs and the deep V of muscle just above his belt. He snickered again and I bit into my sandwich. As soon as the food hit my stomach I resisted the urge to moan. I hadn't realized how hungry I was. My stomach contracted painfully, but it tasted so good I didn't care.

Negan snorted and walked over to a small table against the far wall I hadn't noticed. He poured amber liquid out of a decanter into two low ball glasses. He walked back over and held one out to me. I stared at it for a minute, it reminded me so much of that first night I met him. But that night it had been me pouring him and The Governor drinks.

That night he had both scared and fascinated me. It was the first night I had ever met someone who was a bigger, badder predator than me. He was the first person who had looked into my eyes, saw every that The Governor had made me and hadn't looked away. He had been angry that night, and I remembered not understanding why. Now, knowing what I did about Negan, I was pretty sure it was because of what The Governor had done to me. He had shown me that night everything I needed to know about him. That he was both a ruthless alpha but also a protector.

I took the glass from him, but didn't have the courage to meet his gaze. There was too much happening, too many emotions and thoughts I couldn't control or sort out. I was wary of what exactly it was he wanted to talk about. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be an easy conversation nor one I would enjoy. The only question was, how much truth was I willing to give him?

Negan dropped down into the chair across from me and leaned back, lounging as though absolutely nothing had happened today. He was very good. He could almost lie with his body language. His long limbs were stretched and relaxed, but there was still a hint of tension in his jaw. Though I wasn't sure I would have noticed if I didn't know him so well. I let my eyes flicker up to his and he was studying my face.