Chapter 0.5

Her face was so hollow.

A mass of strawberry-blonde hair hid her features as she trudged through the hallway. Students stared at her in silent sympathy. 

Anyone could tell she was sleep deprived. It seemed like her skin was melting off of her body, like keeping herself upright took every ounce of her energy. She was draining like a battery.

The only one who understood was Archie. 

Neither of them had slept for more than an hour at a time, and it usually only happened in class.

He was worse than she was. They were both scared, but there were clear differences in how they were handling things. Andy was upset, but Archie was mad. Andy was ready to hide, and Archie was ready to fight. 

While Andy laid awake in her bed every night, Archie paced downstairs with a baseball bat, jumping at every noise and drowning in paranoia.

Andy was recovering from the incident. Regaining her energy to get dressed in the morning. Reminding herself to spend as much time with her father as possible. Remembering to live life the the fullest.

Archie was spiraling. Remembering what it was like to be covered in their father's blood. Remembering the feeling of having a gun against his head.

Remembering that the Black Hood was still at large.