Chapter 11.0

A little time passed, and Andy had begun to notice a few things

For one, Archie had started to ditch her during the day and sneak out at odd hours. He explained to her that he started an internship with Mr. Lodge, but that didn't make logical sense to Andy. When she interned at the hospital, she did it because she was thinking about going into the medical field. Archie wanted to do music, so why would be take up an internship with Lodge Industries?

Their dad was pretty upset about it too. Andy could understand. How heartbreaking would it be to have your kid want to spend all their time with another kid's parent?

It probably had something to do with Veronica. Andy hadn't talked to her in a while, considering everything Josie had told her about her family's shady business. Andy had always felt uncomfortable around V's family. When the awful "family friend" Nick visited, it only confirmed Andy's unsaid cautious thoughts about Veronica's family's life. 

Andy was also dealing with Sheriff Keller's constant questioning of her friends in Sunnyside Trailer Park. Jughead had been non-stop ranting about the prejudice of it all and how the establishment was against them or something. He always had a flair for the dramatic, but sometimes he was right.

When Andy got to school, she was forced to interact with Veronica, since V was extending an invitation to her confirmation. 

"I already invited Archie, but I want you guys to be there, as well. Usually these kinds of events, baptisms, confirmations, are family only, but since it's all about me, and you guys are my chosen family, I pulled a few strings and reserved you a pew," V charmed.

"What's the dress code?"

"Catholic chic. So, dresses for the girls, veils optional. And coats and ties for the boys."

Andy didn't like that the clothing was separated by sex. Maybe I should go in a suit to protest gender norms, she thought. Then again, maybe it wasn't appropriate make Veronica's confirmation into a protest. Plus, she was pretty sure she had a nice dress in the back of her closet.

Eventually, Andy concluded that she should go. She felt obligated to support Veronica until she had any actual proof that V was doing shady things for her parents. 

Over the PA, Weatherbee demanded that Jughead and Betty report to the principle's office, and the group dispersed. 

--

As Andy was taking orders at Pop's, she noticed her brother walk in and request Mr. Lodge's order. She quickly scribbled down the last order so she could talk to her brother. "Arch!" she turned and called to get his attention. 

But Archie was already out the door.

--

Sweet Pea had texted Andy about the eviction notice immediately after finding it on his front door. Now, he was stood in the bar with his fellow Serpents, being addressed by FP.