Chapter 9.0

The next morning, Andy and Archie talked to their mom on the phone about her cruise

The next morning, Andy and Archie talked to their mom on the phone about her cruise. After they let their dad take the phone, they made their way up the stairs to their rooms, but Archie lightly grabbed Andy's wrist at the top of the steps.

"Hey, can we talk about last night?" he asked.

Andy sighed. "Yeah, look I really like him, Arch."

"How long has this been going on?"

"I don't know. I've been kinda friendly with him since your fight and then he drove me home the night of the street race because Cheryl left without me. And I had a slight breakdown the night of the party and he sat and he listened to me and it was nice. He's a good person, Arch." He tried to speak but she cut him off. 

"I know you don't like him because he pulled a knife on you and he's dangerous and whatever but you pulled a gun on him and you've done some pretty stupid, dangerous things yourself." 

He watched the way his sister spoke about the Serpent an decided that she could make her own decisions. She was kind of right. "Okay. You can do what you want. I trust you."

"I know, Arch." She squeezed his hand and made her way back into her room.

--

After break, as the twins got ready for school, Fred Andrews came up the stairs, calling the teenagers into the hallway. "Did either of you say anything to anyone about my medical bill? Cause it's been paid. All $86,000. An Angel Donation."

"I only told Veronica but she wouldn't--" He stopped.

Andy gave him a look. "We all know she would. And I didn't tell anyone. I mean I told Pop that it was expensive but I wasn't specific."

Fred resolved to figure it out himself.

As the twins walked into school, Andy let Archie catch up to Veronica and instead made her way past them towards Kevin in the common room. Andy greeted Betty and then looked back towards Archie and V as they entered after her. Looking between Betty and Veronica, Andy noticed their very similar outfits. "Okay, did I miss the bejeweled, Peter Pan collar memo?" she joked but was cut off with an announcement over the intercom.

"Students of Riverdale High, this is your principal. Emails have been sent to your parents, but effective immediately, Southside High will be shut down. The students will be transferred to other schools in the district, including this one."

"Okay, guys lets not overreact," V started. 

"It means Jughead's coming back."

"Betty are you ready for that?" Kevin asked.

"Of course, we're fine," she said unconvincingly.

Oddly enough Veronica stepped up to welcome the Serpents. Giving a small speech about welcoming them to the school. Andy found it strange but if V was going to help ease the transition for the students, who was she to protest that?