Chapter 10.0

Andy walked into the common room to find Kevin, Jughead, Betty and Veronica gossiping about Betty's secret brother, which is apparently a thing now

Andy walked into the common room to find Kevin, Jughead, Betty and Veronica gossiping about Betty's secret brother, which is apparently a thing now. Betty had texted her about it a teensy bit but Andy didn't know much.

"He's a hottie . . . who looks incredibly familiar to me, by the way," Kevin was saying.

"Your adventures in the woods?"

"I don't know, but maybe if we were allowed to meet this hottie in person . . ?"

"Chic's still acclimating," Betty responded. "And I'm trying to get him to trust me, but my mom is treating him like he's a ten-year-old and my dad's acting like he's the devil's spawn."

"What if he is?" Andy asked. Everyone turned to her as she threw her bag down. "I mean I don't know. All you really know about him is his name. I'd be careful."

"Well, I have an amazing idea. Bring The Omen to Pickens Day and we can all meet him! Everyone's coming right?" V butted in.

"No, because the Serpents weren't invited," Jughead grumbled.

"What?" Andy asked in disbelief. 

This was the first she was hearing about it. Andy hadn't spoken about Pickens Day much with anyone. She wasn't that interested in celebrating history unless it was significantly progressive. History is filled with racism and sexism and war and homophobia. She much preferred the present, even though some of those things were still apparent. 

"The Serpents were specifically asked to come."

"Yeah, to provide security," Jughead scoffed. 

"You don't have to work if you don't want to," Veronica complied. 

"The damage, as they say, has already been done. Talk to you guys later."

"Plans with Toni?" Betty asked. Jealousy slipped into her tone although she tried to hide it.

"Uh, yeah, I'm interviewing her grandfather for my oral history report. The oldest living Serpent."

As Andy began to walk to class, she fell into step behind Veronica and Archie. 

She heard Veronica push him towards wrestling to impress her dad. Andy rolled her eyes and silently prayed he wouldn't go through with it. Her twin loved basketball and she hoped he wouldn't change his interests just to impress someone else, especially if it was Hiram Lodge.

--

Andy took off work in order to go support Kevin at wrestling tryouts like she did last year. Despite Andy's previous hopes that Archie would stay true to his interests, she saw him standing near Kevin on the mat as she took her place in the bleachers. 

"Let's bring it in. Firstly, I want to thank a gentleman who's really showing his support for the team this year. He wrestled for me my first year as coach. That is Hiram 'The Ram' Lodge. Guys, let's show him some appreciation." Everyone applauded.