Chapter 20.0

While Andy didn't want to move Fangs for fear of damaging his spine and killing him, they thought the medical professionals would be unable to get to him through the rioting crowd. Instead, FP lifted Fangs up and he and Jughead lugged him to the hospital. 

Andy had lost Sweet Pea in the riots and was running through to look for him. She knew she looked entirely horrific. The whole front of her body was covered in Fangs' blood.

Soon enough, Andy ran directly into a car door and encountered someone she had definitely not been looking for.

"Oh my god, Andy! What happened to you?"

"Veronica? I thought you stayed at our house?" The Lodge girl looked her up and down, shocked and confused. She disregarded the sight in front of her and focused on what previously caught her attention.

"Come on." She grabbed Andy's hand and pulled her towards a frazzled woman. "Mrs. Klump! Are you okay?" Veronica asked cautiously.

Mrs. Klump nervously scanned Andy's blood-covered figure and met Veronica's concerned eyes.

"I may have killed that boy," she admitted, shaken. Andy and Veronica glanced at each other, registering her words.

--

The two girls delivered Mrs. Klump to the police station so she could confess to shooting Fangs. Veronica called Archie to let him know. She informed Andy that her brother was waiting at the school for the Serpents. They were supposedly headed out to find and get revenge on Reggie. 

"Oh, Sweet Pea, no . . ." Andy muttered. That boy just can't stay out of trouble, can he? she thought. Then her eyes got a sudden spark. "But Reggie didn't even do it," she realized.

"Yeah, Archie knows," Veronica said. "He said he'd tell the Serpents but who knows if they'll listen to him. I think you should go find them."

While Andy wanted to keep the peace, she had other responsibilities to attend to. "But I'm supposed to be at work in . . ." Veronica gave her a pointed look. Andy sighed and recognized that this was a problem she couldn't ignore. "You're right. Not important. Definitely not important." She shoved open the doors to the Sheriff's station and flew down the steps.

"Sweet Pea will listen to you!"

--

Sweet Pea stalked down the halls of Riverdale High, ripping his knife across a poster on the wall. His darkness had overcome him. The only thought on his mind was destroying Reggie Mantle and everything he loved.

"Serpents, stop!" Archie yelled, coming around the corner with some backup. 

Sweet Pea turned around to his Serpents, opened his arms, and drawled, "Well, fellas, looks like we've found some Bulldogs to put down."

"Sweet Pea, I swear, Reggie didn't shoot Fangs

"Sweet Pea, I swear, Reggie didn't shoot Fangs. It was Mrs. Klump," Archie pleaded.

"Bull! I saw Mantle with the gun!" Sweet Pea yelled.