Chapter 8.0

Sweet Pea texted Andy immediately, asking her to let him know when she got home, and they texted through most of night from there

Sweet Pea texted Andy immediately, asking her to let him know when she got home, and they texted through most of night from there. Andy saved his contact as 'Skyscraper', since she called him that in her head when she first saw him.

She learned more about him and he about her. They both liked gaming and had similar senses of humor. He told stories of him, Toni, and Fangs while Andy revealed her childhood with Archie, Betty, and Jughead. He made her laugh and vice versa, until Andy passed out on her couch and woke up with a really good feeling.

Later, Andy joyously helped Archie and Fred Andrews carry a Christmas tree in for Pop, while wearing the first of her many Christmas sweaters. He thanked them and Archie and Andy spotted Jughead, sat in a close booth.

"Merry Christmas, Jug!" She slid into the bench opposite him with Archie.

"It's not even Christmas yet, Andy," he replied. She rolled her eyes, her giant smile never leaving her face.

"Fine. Merry-almost-Christmas!"

Jug sighed in amusement. No one could quench Andy's holiday spirit. Things might've ended in her friends' relationships but her own was just beginning.

"You guys staying in town for break?"

"Yeah, we were gonna stay with our mom but she booked a singles cruise, so . . ." Archie answered. Andy was happy she was staying in Riverdale for Christmas, despite the absence of her mom. 

The boys had a short conversation about their individual relationship drama, and then turned the conversation to Kevin's little Secret Santa get together, which Andy was insanely excited for.

Christmas was always a favorite holiday for Andy because she'd get to buy presents for all her friends and family, and she'd get to receive some great things too. But she mostly loved the atmosphere. Everyone was excited for school break. Every place in Riverdale was decorated with Christmas trees or mistletoe and some had Hanukkah decorations. It was just a nice time of year, for everyone to celebrate family and friends and be nice to each other. She loved it.

-

When they got home, Fred Andrews opened a letter from the mail, staring at it with  a grim look.

"What is that? Is it from the Black Hood?" Archie was quick to jump to conclusions. 

"Worse. Riverdale General. My hospital bill," their father replied grimly.

It came to a total of $86,000.

"What? That's insane." Andy picked up the letter to read it herself. "I don't think anyone had a treatment even close to this expensive when I interned."

"That must've been a mistake," Archie hoped.

Reading it over, Andy knew she had to help her dad pay it off. "I'm applying for a job at Pop's. There's no way we can pay this with your salary right now," she cut off her dad before he protested. "I've been wanting a job anyways. And I know Pop still needs some employees after the whole protest. I'm doing it whether you want me to or not." She jogged upstairs before her dad or Archie could say anything more.