Sandalwood

The crisp wind running through the trees made the night as cold as an iceberg. Before the sun set, it was bearable, but now it had become so cold that ______ could have sworn she'd freeze if she stopped moving even for a second.

  "A-Aniki..?"

  "Yes, ______-chan?~"

  The tall boy was in such a blissful state that the weather was not an issue to him. In fact, he'd hardly noticed how cold it was. Upon looking down at ______, his eyes widen, sympathy and shock filling them to the brim. How could he have been so inconsiderate?

  Without another word from his date for the evening, he removed his sweater and placed it around her shoulders, apologizing and grabbing her hand to return to their previous position. However, ______ flinched at the touch of his hand.

  "C-Cold.." she jumped, retracting her hand.

  "I-...I'm so sorry," Hiroomi panicked. Stupid, you're hands are always cold. Just cause she was okay with them before, doesn't mean that she's okay with them now, he ridiculed himself in his mind.

  "H-Hiroomi-nii..can we g-go get something to w-warm up with..?"

  "Of course. I'll walk you home and make you some tea. I'm so sorry, _______-chan, my dearest. I should have thought of how you were feeling."

  "I-I'm fine. J-Just a bit cold is all."

  Hiroomi looked down at his date but jumped in horror. She sneezed into her elbow the second he looked at her. Not good, not good! Hiroomi pulled her to the side of the sidewalk and handed her a tissue. 

  "I'll carry you."

  "Wh-What?"

  "You're clearly falling ill, _______-chan. I cannot let you get any more sick."

  "H-Hiroomi-..!"

  "I will not allow my girlfriend to get any sicker than she already is. Not on my watch. We will take you home immediately and I will brew some hot tea for you."

  Without a second to waste Hiroomi knelt before _______. "Please get on my back."

  Though Hiroomi was very there for carrying her, ______ was shy and hesitant. After much coaxing though, she finally climbed onto his back. Hiroomi was so...warm. He had a comforting scent to him too. She rested her head atop his shoulder and took a light sniff that easily would have passed as a sniffle from her previous sneeze.

  Sandalwood..

  Hiroomi, he had a faint scent of sandalwood  _______ pinned down. It was suiting for him. It was...him.