36: Cheer up

I was too eager to talk to her again, so I made my first move.. probably my first ever move.

I slowly turned my head towards her and trickled my fingers together shyly.

"Please cheer up.." I quietly said to her that only she could listen to.

Meiko turned her head towards me, my heart started to beat fast. It's a wonder she still has this much power.

"I.. I know he's gone but.. it's been almost a month now. You still have a big future ahead and unfortunately he won't come back, you can only keep him in your heart now" I softly said to her.

She slightly smiled and nodded at me. Then she continued with her work.

It has now been three months.. three months since he died. Meiko was starting to slowly be back to normal and smiled just a little more, but she completely stopped talking to any guy in the school.

She told her friend she can't find the right guy here and she doesn't mind being single.

"But listen Meiko please let's go!" Meiko's best friend , Song begged.

"I don't like partying, it's been like a year since I went to one" She replied.

"Which is why you need to go. Come on, it will be super fun!"

"I don't plan on getting drunk and meeting guys, I just want to stay at home"

"Can you at least do it for me? I don't want go alone. Pleeeeease?" Song asked.

Meiko sighed. "Fine.. but only for a little while okay?" She scoffed.

Song nodded and jumped in excitement.