Chapter Two

Xander's POV

It was around 2:00 in the morning and we were currently in Texas. Coming from Georgia is a long way. I huffed and parked the car at a nearby hotel. I picked up a sleeping Evelyn. She was the most skinniest and smallest person I've ever met. For a werewolf you'd think she'd have more muscle but she didn't. I started to wince at her ribs showing. My mate doesn't eat like she should. It hurts to see her like that.

I go and get us a room and lay her on the bed removing her heels. I sleep on the fold out couch. I grab a blanket and go to sleep.

Next Day

I wake up and still see her sleeping. She might not get enough sleep back at home. I go and take a shower and change into a spare outfit I have. I put on jeans and a grey tank top. I see Evelyn sit up and stare at me.

"Good morning mon chéri" I say smiling at her.

"Good morning" she says smiling back.

She stretches and then goes to the bathroom. I grab a shirt and jeans I bought at the gift store for her.

"I bought you some clothes" I say cracking the door and hands them to her.

"Thanks" she says taking a shower.

Evelyn's POV

I get out of the shower and I slip on the wet floor. I fall to the ground with a loud thud.

"Evelyn!" I hear Xander yell "are you okay"

"Yeah I'm fine I just fell" I get up and dry my hair putting on clothes.

I walk out of the bathroom and sit on the bed. I see pancakes grits and bacon on the side table.

"I got you some food" he says eating his chicken biscuit.

I look at the food and see no poison on it. I don't smell it either. I look at him and he looks at me worried.

"What's wrong my love" he says sitting next to me.

"Last time I tried to eat my brother tried to poison me" I look down.

His eyes go black and he growls. He takes the tray and sits in his lap.

"I would never do that to you" he says "look there's nothing wrong with it"

He takes a bite out of everything on the tray. I nod and starts to eat. He smiles at me eating.

"What?" I question with my mouth full.

"Your ribs are noticeable and I knew your not properly fed" he says with sorrow.

I keep eating and finish setting the tray down. I pull up the shirt and see my ribs showing. He stands up and pulls my shirt Down.

"I will fix that" he says and rubs my thigh where the cuts are. "this too"

I look down ashamed and he tilts my head back up. He gives me an assuring smile that everything will be fine. I hug him tightly and I feel his hands rub my back and head. I nuzzle my head into his shirt.

"You ready to go see your new home" he smiles

I nod and then grab my dress and heels. I walk back to his car putting my stuff in the back. I get in the front seat waiting on Xander to drive off.

"So why does your old pack treat you like that" he drives off starting a Conversation.

"My childhood consisted me being beaten and burned by cigarettes. My brother would get drunk with my dad and would beat me up until I went unconscious. My mom would call me whore and pull my hair. I felt ashamed to go to pack meetings so I never went. I never went to trainings because I was the smallest one there. The alpha would agree with my dad and mom about me only staying inside. I can't remember the last time I shifted" I felt tears forming.

I look over and see him gripping the steer wheel. He growls as his knuckles turn white. His eyes go dark while he stares at the road.

"I can't believe them" he growls out gritting his teeth.

I rub his arm and he relaxes a little bit. I see a fast food place and my stomach growls.

"Can we stop and eat?" I ask

He raises an eyebrow "we just ate" he chuckles.

"Oh okay" I look Down.

"Whatever you ask for I'll provide it" he says pulling over at jacks.

I get out and walk with him inside. I order chicken fingers and fries. I find us a booth and start eating. I drink some of my dr.pepper.

"Thanks again" I look at him as he eats an apple pie.

"Anything for you mon amour" he says taking another bite.

"What language are you speaking in?" I take another bite of my chicken.

"It's French I go to France a lot for pack meetings" he says smiling.

I blush at his smile.

"Does that mean I get to go" I finish my food drinking more of my drink.

"Yes" he chuckles "Your my mate you go everywhere I go except to Wars because if you get hurt I won't be able to handle myself."

I blush more then I throw my trash away. I look at the milkshakes they have. I point at it signaling him I want one. He nods in approval chuckling. I get a strawberry and banana milkshake. He pays for it and we walk to the car.

I take a sip of it and roll my eyes.

"Gosh this is so good" I say as he drives off "I've never had a milkshake"

He looks at me in shock. I drink more of it until it's all gone.

"Your kidding" he asks

"No" I say looking at his wide eyes.

I curl up in the seat and close my eyes. I feel warm fingers find their way to my hand. I hold his hand and smile. I slowly drift off to sleep.

Three Hours Later

I wake up to the sound of horns honking. I look around and see we are stuck in traffic. I see the beach and girls walking around with barely any clothes on.

"Where are we?" I stretch out my arms.

"Welcome to California Evelyn" he says.