Chapter Eight

Xander's POV

I wake up to the sound of Todd whimpering and scratching at the bedroom door. I look at my phone and it is three in the morning. I groan getting out of bed. I pick up the puppy and walk outside. He runs around peeing on everything and smelling stuff. I sit there waiting for him to finish his thing. He runs back inside laying back down on his bed. I walk back upstairs and see Evelyn in the hallway. I tilt my head at her as she walks towards me.

"Hungry" she mumbles into my chest as she hugs me.

I chuckle picking her up. She wraps her legs around me holding onto me. I walk to the kitchen setting her in a chair. I walk to the counter and I grab the ingredients to make a fruit salad. I peel the fruit and mix it together in a bowl. I give the bowl to her with a fork. She eats everything in the bowl and takes it to sink. I smile at her as she walks back to me. I hold her hand giving her a kiss on the head.

"Let's go do something" she says now fully awake.

"At Three thirty in the morning" I ask chuckling.

"Yeah" she says walking to the door.

I open the door and look at what she's wearing. She's wearing one of my grey shirts and black sport shorts. I look down at my outfit before reaching the driveway. I choose the black Tesla and I get in driving off. She looks out the window as she stares at the empty streets of the territory. I drive towards the beach and park in a parking spot. We get out and she shivers as the cold air hits her. I grab a blanket out of the trunk and wrap her in it. She walks towards the water and sees the moon glisten off the ocean.

"Are you okay" I ask sitting in the sand letting the water hit my toes.

"Yeah" she responds sitting in my lap "I've just had some stuff on my mind"

"What's on your mind bébé" I question

"Well I don't know how this Luna role is supposed to go. I'm not the strongest and what if we do go to war and I'm not strengthened enough. Your pack is just too nice and I feel like it's fake. I feel like your just going to drop me and leave me. Everything you've gave to me is great I just don't deserve any of it. I deserve to be treated like I was before that's all I'm used to." She rambles out.

"It's going to be okay your strong enough in heart. Training can fix that and I can be your trainer. My love for you is stronger than anything I've had feelings for. I've had past relationships and all they did was want me for money. When I saw you I felt your pain even though we haven't mated I still felt it. It showed in your eyes and I felt tingles that made me want to hold you. I never want to let you go Evelyn. I love you." I say with tears in my eyes.

"I love you too" she wipes away my tears with her soft hands.

I hug her tightly and she rubs my back brushing her hand through my hair. I ease up a little and kiss her cheek. I feel like everything is released from my mind. She makes me feel everything. I can't wait till I get to travel the world with her and marry her. I can't wait to have kids with her and grow old with her. She's everything I've ever wanted.

Evelyn's POV

"It's going to be okay" he says standing up with me.

I smile and hand the blanket to him.

"Come on" I giggle walking into the water.