Chapter Thirteen

At the top is the hotel they are staying in. Just wanted to let y'all know 😂

Evelyn's POV

I wake up to the sun in my eyes. I groan and turn my body. I hit a hard muscular back. I see it's Xander and I reach out to touch his back before he lets out a snore. I reach back and groan as my head hurts. I roll over and hit the ground. I whine as my head pounds even more. I feel arms creep around my waist and hoist me back on the bed.

"Good morning beautiful" Xander kisses my head rubbing my side.

I groan holding my head. He closes the curtains and sits back down with me.

"Take these" he hands me ibuprofen.

I put them in my mouth following water. I lay back down and curl up.

"This is why we don't drink honey" he kisses my head again.

"It hurts" I whine.

"Do you want me to give that headache of yours a talking to" he growls at my forehead "you listen up now you bully my mate doesn't need your pain and you better leave her alone"

I giggle as wrap my arms around him. He pulls me into his lap and we sit there before knocking hits the door.

"Alpha Xander we need you" says a very deep voice.

He growls before answering the door. I groan rolling back to my spot.

"What do you want" xander answers irritated.

"Sir the meeting tonight is being rescheduled to lunch time" says the innocent males voice.

"Why" Xander asks.

"The alpha from the cold pack is arriving but leaving at night" he says.

I shiver at that name. The cold pack is where my childhood was ruined. I can't face alpha mason. He already calls me weak and thinks I'm delusional. I told mason about my family and he thought I was crazy. I hear footsteps approach me.

"Let's get ready my love" he says smiling.

"I'm not going" I sound terrified.

"Why darling" he leans down pulling me close.

"That's my old pack and mason would just diss on me the whole time" I say finding a little bit of comfort from Xander " He called me weak and crazy. I don't want to face that again"

Xander growls pulling me closer into a possessive hug.

"You are the strongest most bravest person I've met" he says "now you listen here little one. You are not crazy and I'm not going to let some mutt disrespect you. You are the Luna of the blue moon pack and you are the most powerful Luna there is. Nobody would dare mess with you because they know who your mate is. I promise I will be there every second with you mon amour"

I smile and peck his cheek standing up. I realize that I only have a bra and a pair of underwear. I look down and try to find something to cover me. I grab a blanket and cover myself. Xander chuckles then rips the blanket off of me pulling me into a hug. I feel his warmth and his breathing increases.

"Don't cover yourself to me" he soothes in my ear "Your perfect"

I blush turning to face him. He gives me a reassuring smile and hugs me tighter. I smell his scent and smile bigger at the smell.

"Can I go get ready now" I ask looking at him.

"Yes but nothing skanky looking" he says letting go.

I walk into the closet of the hotel and I feel eyes stare at my every move. I see Xander smirking at me from the bed admiring me. I blush at the embarrassment which makes him more amused. I look at the dresses that are in here.

"How did you get these" I ask digging around.

"This is my reserved room so I have people find clothes for my beautiful mate" he says in the bathroom "I'm wearing a dark red tie by the way"

I scan the closet to look for red and find the dress. I pull it out and admire its length.

I put on the dress with silver heels

I put on the dress with silver heels. I walk out and see Xander smiling at me.

"Too much skin but it's beautiful on you darling" he kisses my cheek.

I walk to the bathroom to put on some makeup before walking to the meeting. We get in the Tesla and drive off to the large building. I look out the window and see limos and other sports cars in front of the building. I see all the males exit the cars and walking into the building. I hold Xander's hand when I see mason and his wife Julie enter the building.

"It's okay mon amour" he rubs my thumb to calm me down.

I let out a breath I've been holding in. He parks the car and gets out opening my door. He holds my waist walking into the building.

"I've got you little one" he whispers possessively.

We make our way to the huge brown doors. Xander opens them and everyone bows to us. Me and Xander sit down. He pulls me in his lap just like he did in the last meeting. I put my hands over his feeling his veins tighten.

"So Xander you've found a mate" mason speaks out after taking a seat.

"Yes I have" he growls.

"Has she told you what kind of person she is in a pack" he smirks.

"No but she's told me how all of your filthy pack members treated her" Xander starts to get louder.

"She's nothing all she ever did was complain about her parents disciplining her" Julie blurts out and everyone stares at her.

"Discipline!" I yell getting irritated "all my parents did was abuse me and of course you wouldn't know what that was like because your so fed up with your perfect life"

I get out of Xander's lap starting to walk towards them.

"And you want to know something else I don't even want y'all to be here. Now leave" I growl out and they laugh at my confidence.

I slowly start to back up as they stand up slowly walking to me.

"Oh honey you know you have no power over us" Julie says cupping my face digging her nails into my skin.

"Wanna bet" I question before slamming my fist into her nose.

I shake my hand feeling my hand sting. Julie stumbles before laughing.

"You hit like a child you pup" she growls before getting pulled back by guards.

I feel arms drag me back but feel they are Xander's. He gives me a quick smile before sitting back down.

"Now they are gone gentlemen and gorgeous" Xander smiles at me "let's continue"