Chapter 2: Inner Thoughts

(This chapter is from Gabriel'sPOV)

I paced around, popping a sucker in my mouth.  I find that eating sweets helped when I was stressed.  After I found Nova (I forgot to mention this, but that's the name of the main character) in Hell, I had brought her back here.

After a few long moments of pacing, I finally made my way into the main room.  I sat down at the large table, barely aware of my younger brother staring at me.  I glanced up and I guess he was surprised by my face, because he took in a sharp breath.  He stared at me and my sorrowful face for a few seconds.

"Ya gonna say anything, Cassie?" I asked weakly.  I knew he hated the nickname, but I didn't care.  I didn't care about anything except that Nova got better soon.

He didn't say anything.  He just continued to stare at me.  After a few seconds of awkward silence, Sam, who I didn't know was behind me, spoke.

"You love her, don't you?" he asked, scoffing slightly.

I blushed and turned my eyes to the floor.  I wanted to deny the obvious fact, but I couldn't.  Ever since I had met the young, innocent Nova, I knew I loved her.  It wasn't just a silly crush.  It was a full blow, "slam-you-against-a-wall-and-kiss-you-roughly" love.  The kind that angels, archangels especially, shouldn't feel.  It was strictly forbidden, and I knew it.  At least I didn't want to make a child with her.  No.  I could never do that.  One, it would kill her instantly, and two, it would create a nephilim that any demon could influence badly.  I couldn't risk that chance.  As I thought about this, I was only slightly aware that Sam was talking again.  I forced myself to turn my honey-colored eyes to him.

"If Dean finds out, he's going to kill you.  You know how protective he is of Nova." he said, glancing at me.  I just sighed and muttered an "I know".  Then a strange thought came to my head.  What if Castiel or Sam told him?  I looked at them both.  They shook their heads with smiles on their faces.

"Wait, so you aren't going to tell Dean?" I asked.

Sam shook his head. "Nah, dude.  I for one would like to see that ship sail." I chocked my head to the side.

"What?"

He waved it away. "It was something Becky told me about when I was with Chuck once.  It basically means you put two people together and hope desperately that they get together."

I just stared at him.  I was about to look away when I saw his face darken.

"But if you ever hurt her-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know.  God, Moose you're so serious." I failed at trying to bring the mood up.  A few seconds later Dean showed up, holding a spray-paint can.  He sat across the table and stared at me.

"So you want to tell me why the devil's trap was broken?" he asked, suspicion in his voice.

"I already told you that I didn't even notice it.  Someone must've gotten careless and rubbed it off or something.  Like I want demons anywhere Nova right now." I tried not to make eye contact with Dean, fearing he would find out I'm lying.  I did break the devil's trap.  It was the only way to get Nova in here.  The fact was, something happened to Nova down in Hell, and, well, she had been turned into a demon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyo.  Sorry for the shorter chapter.  I wanted to get this out of the way, and it was the only way I could fit it in without making it go too fast or make it sound weird structure-wise.  Anywho, please leave a vote, comment, and/or follow.  Thank you guys so much!

(623 words)