Chapter 10: W-What?

(Nova's POV)

(WARNING!  This chapter will contain abuse and self-harm.  You have been warned!)

"She means nothing to me."

My eyes widened and I stared at Gabe is disbelief. "Gabe?"

He glared and I felt like crying.

"What?" Lucifer looked down at me. "That doesn't sound like the Gabe I know."

"Don't call me that!" I flinch a little as he yells at Lucifer.

"C'mon bro.  You mean to tell me that you have no emotions for this beautiful young woman filled inside that cotton candy heart of yours?" I shuddered as he lightly nipped my neck.  I saw Gabe tense up and narrow his eyes even further. "Oh, there it is.  See, you care very much about this girl, dontcha?"

"N-no, I don't." he started sweating as the man holding me kissed my neck again, a little rougher than before.  I squirmed, discomfort prickling my body.

"Gabe, I can feel your anger.  Does this make you upset?" he smirked and ran his tongue lightly over an overly-sensitive spot on my neck.  I whimpered, trying not to release the moan that was bubbling at the back of my throat.  I silently pleaded with Gabe to do something.

He was shaking at this point.

"Cover your eyes, Nova."

"H-huh?"

"I said cover your eyes." he wasn't looking at me.  I gulped and raised my hands to cover my face.  Unsure of what was happening, I heard Lucifer mutter.  Then everything was drowned out by the most high-pitched ringing I've ever heard.  It felt like my body was right next to a fire, and some light still flooded to my eyes.  I shut them under my hands to prevent all light from entering.  It failed; I could still see some light pierce my eyelids.

The ringing got louder.  I moved my hands from my eyes to my ears, trying to block out the sound.  I could feel myself fall to the ground, screaming, as the ringing just about burst my eardrums.  The light and the noise drowned everything out.  I could just barely hear the sound of curses and swords clanging against each other.

I slowly opened one of my eyes and gasped at what I saw.  Lucifer and Gabriel were fighting.  They were so bright and they looked so different.  Lucifer's wings were a pale gray and tattered, bits of blood dripping off the ends, but when I looked at Gabriel, both of my eyes flew open.  The light was almost too blinding and I had to squint.  But the sight of Gabriel...

His face has changed.  I can't remember or care to say how, but it was terrifying.  And he has six wings instead of two.  They were the creamiest orange color I've ever seen.  And his feathers...they shimmered in his light.

He suddenly looked at me. "Nova!  Close your eyes!" I didn't.  They burned, but I couldn't keep my eyes off the awe-inspiring archangel.  We made eye contact and he jumped at me, forcing his hand over my eyes.  The ringing stopped and everything was pitch-black.  My breath hitched in my throat and a weird feeling spread throughout my body.  I felt Gabe's hand fall from my face and I gently opened my eyes.  There were spots everywhere, but they soon cleared up.  My vision was blurry and I had to squint to see anything far away.  Then I saw Gabriel's face.  He was back to normal.  His face was at least.  He still sported two of his wings.

"Nova, can you still see anything?" he sounded panicky.  I nodded my head and gasped as I saw Lucifer raise his angel blade.  I shoved Gabe out of the way as he brought it down.  I screamed as the cold metal plunged into my chest.  Lucifer brought his face close to mine and laughed in my face as Gabe jumped up, shouting.

"I knew you loved her, Gabe," Lucifer breathed in my ear.

"You dick!" Gabe screamed and threw himself at Lucifer, taking him by surprise somehow. My vision slowly faded and I could feel my life slowly ebbing out of my body as I lost more and more blood.

After about ten seconds I lost consciousness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one took me a little longer to write due to the fact that I had stuff to do and I had to restart my computer several times.  Anyway, lemme know what you guys think of the story so far.  Bye!

(Word Count: 718)