06: not alone.

seungkwan twitched his feet as he sat beside wonwoo in the doctor's office. wonwoo twisted his wedding ring around on his finger.

"hi, i'm doctor hong jisoo," said the lean man, smiling kindly. seungkwan thought he can't have been much older than himself, but the doctor had an air of maturity about him. he moved his gingery hair out of his eyes and smiled again. "boo seungkwan, right?" he asked, checking his computer.

the blond nodded nervously.

"it's nice to see you again, mr kim," dr hong added, and seungkwan realised he was the doctor who treated wonwoo when he fainted the other day. "so, seungkwan, what seems to be the problem?"

wonwoo squeezed his hand encouragingly.

"uh, well, i'm p-pregnant," seungkwan got out.

dr hong broke into a wide grin. "congratulations!"

seungkwan laughed awkwardly.

"i'll do a general check-up, then," he said, reaching for his stethoscope. "i'm assuming you took a pregnancy test?"

"i took seven," seungkwan mumbled.

"well, can't be too careful, i suppose," dr hong chuckled. "i'm just going to lift the back of your shirt. i'll have to take a few blood samples later; is that okay?"

"that's fine."

"do you have a boyfriend, mr boo?"

"yeah, i do."

"we can check how far along the pregnancy is, but i hope you don't mind me asking; when was the last time you had sex?"

wonwoo choked on his water.

"uh, about a month ago," seungkwan mumbled, his face turning red.

dr hong smiled awkwardly. "sorry, as a doctor i have to ask some otherwise inappropriate questions," he apologized. "you seem to be in good health, mr boo. could i ask you to step onto the weighing scales, please?"

seungkwan nodded.

"if you could take your shoes off? fantastic." dr hong noted down the weight and signalled for seungkwan to step off. "you're at a healthy weight, mr boo."

the blond wrinkled his nose. "really?" he muttered, looking down at himself.

"bmi doesn't tell an awful lot about a person's health, so you don't need to worry about being on the heavier side, it's perfectly healthy for your age," the doctor explained, "and now that you're carrying a baby, you'll expect to see your combined weight go up quite significantly."

"i'm at a good weight?"

"a little higher than expected for four weeks, but we're only guessing on the age of the fetus," dr hong answered. "nothing to worry about. if you could take a seat again, i'll quickly take some blood samples. we have to test for various diseases that could affect the baby."

seungkwan sat as calmly as possible as dr hong disinfected the inside of the blond's elbow before sticking the needle in and extracting several small tubes of seungkwan's blood.

"last thing we need is a urine sample," he said, offering seungkwan a plastic container. "if you could, please."

"yeah, sure," he mumbled, taking the container and leaving the room.

"great," said dr hong upon his return, "we'll get back to you within a few days, mr boo. do you have any questions about your pregnancy?"

"do i have to be careful about what i eat?"

"well, make sure you eat at least three meals a day during the first trimester," he said, "and snack between meals if you're hungry, and drink plenty of water. you'll find that you'll have cravings soon, just make sure you eat healthily and have plenty of the main food groups in your diet. you'll find yourself getting hungry more often, too, so make sure you eat when you feel hungry." he glanced at wonwoo. "remember to do that, too, mr kim."

wonwoo nodded.

"is there anything else?"

"uh, i don't think so," seungkwan said, fidgeting his fingers in his lap. "i can find out stuff in books or whatever..."

"ah, a common question," said dr hong, "is whether there is any restriction on sexual activity during the pregnancy."

"common question," seungkwan repeated, throwing wonwoo a look.

"yeah, i did ask that, to be fair," he said casually.

"and i'm pleased to tell you that there is no restriction, it won't hurt the baby at all," said the doctor, "you just might have to find new positions to work around the baby bump."

seungkwan's ears were burning. "thanks, doctor."

"honestly, you'll be surprised how inventive you can get," the doctor added.

not necessary, seungkwan said internally.

"you sound like you know," wonwoo remarked, wrinkling his nose.

"well, my wife is pregnant with our second," he replied with a shrug. "if that's all, you're free to go, now, mr boo. you can take these leaflets on male pregnancy, and you should book your first ultrasound appointment at eight to fourteen weeks. i'm also a gynecologist, so i'll probably be taking that appointment, too."

"okay," seungkwan said, taking the leaflets offered and stuffing them into his rucksack. "thank you."

"good seeing you," dr hong said with a smile.

"let's go, seungkwan," said wonwoo, placing a hand on the younger's shoulder. the two thanked the doctor again before leaving his office, walking back through the waiting room.

"you okay, sweetie?" jeonghan asked, getting up from his seat.

"yeah, i think so," seungkwan replied.

"aw, come here," said the long-haired man, gently hugging the blond. "you'll be a great mommy, sweetie."

"thanks," seungkwan mumbled, getting teary.

"it was nice meeting you both," jeonghan added. "hopefully see you again sometime."

"yeah, you, too," seungkwan said, before he and wonwoo went outside.

"you sure you're okay?" wonwoo asked as he opened the passenger door for seungkwan.

"i will be," the blond said bravely. "can you drive me home, please?"

"of course," said wonwoo, absently rubbing a spot on his tummy. he climbed in the driver's seat and checked his phone. "mingyu's home early," he muttered, "that hasn't happened in a while."

"enjoy the sex," seungkwan said dryly.

wonwoo scoffed. "i will."

"of all the things you could have replied with..."

the brunette adjusted his glasses and smirked before starting the engine. "let's go, then."

seungkwan thanked wonwoo, promising to buy him ice cream, and took the elevator up to his apartment.

the flat was empty, but glancing down at his tummy and placing a warm hand there, seungkwan didn't feel so alone.

______________________

ya'll. i'm really getting into this mpreg thing it ain't even funny

hope you're enjoying this story!!

i should be updating pretty regularly :)

taellipses out x