21: full speed ahead.

"holy shit!"

"don't corrupt the children!"

"sorry, sorry," seungcheol uttered, his eyes wide as he took in his wife's new hair. "you- you just look..." he swallowed. "...hair..."

jeonghan rolled his eyes, pulling seungcheol in for a kiss. seungcheol was still stunned when jeonghan pulled back.

"it's just hair," he tutted, patting seungcheol's cheek.

"but... hair..."

"mommy looks so pretty!" seunghyun squealed, running in and latching himself onto his mommy's leg. seungwon looked bored now that he was deprived from his new uncle wonwoo's gaming tablet, and walked into the living room.

seungmin toddled in and started crying when he saw jeonghan.

"baby!" jeonghan cooed, reaching down but failing to reach his one-and-a-half year old. the baby bump got in the way. "seungcheol, a little help?"

seungcheol wordlessly picked up the smallest choi and placed him in jeonghan's arms.

"mommy just changed his hair, okay, baby?" he said brightly, kissing seungmin's cheek. the toddler sniffled and tugged on jeonghan's much shorter hair, but he was comforted by the fact that his mommy's smile was still very much the same.

"you look really hot, han," seungcheol told him.

jeonghan smirked. "why, thank you."

"you're not going to persuade me to change my hair, are you?" he said doubtfully. "i like it plain black."

"no, you idiot," jeonghan laughed, handing his son to his husband, and reaching down as far as he could to ruffle his three-year-old's hair. "i love you just the way you are. you don't even take care of your hair, so it looks best natural."

seungcheol smiled and kissed his wife, much to seunghyun's little squeal of "ew!"

***

"seungkwan!" minghao sang, grinning at his friend when he spotted him coming towards him.

"hao!" seungkwan shot back, grabbing his lanky friend in a tight hug.

"hi, baby!" minghao added excitedly, lightly touching seungkwan's tummy. "did you bring the photo?"

"i tool a photo of it on my phone," seungkwan laughed, passing his phone to minghao.

"it's amazing!" minghao uttered, zooming in on the ultra scan picture.

"thanks, hao," he said fondly, patting minghao's dark red hair.

"good to see you again, hansol," junhui, minghao's boyfriend, said. it was easy to tell he'd just got back from another business trip in china, since his accent was affected.

"you, too, man," hansol replied, shaking his hand awkwardly before junhui brought him in for a man hug. "i hope you're not going away again for a while."

junhui sighed, running a hand through his dirty blond hair. "i hope so, too," he agreed, "i really missed hao..."

"guys, let's go to the room!" minghao said, tugging on his boyfriend's sleeve. "i wanna sing."

"same," said seungkwan, grabbing his own boyfriend, the four of them going to the karaoke room they had booked.

they ordered in snacks, minghao and junhui piling onto the sofa and seungkwan choosing the first song.

"hansol, join me," he ordered, shoving a microphone at his boyfriend and making him sing 'sorry sorry' with him.

minghao made junhui sing a romantic duet in chinese with him, and from then on it was mostly-tuneful renditions of shinee, infinite and big bang, as well as hansol insisting on rapping 'dang dang dang'. all in all, it was a really fun evening. seungkwan was glad to catch up with minghao, and seeing how happy he was with junhui made seungkwan's heart ache at the thought of junhui going away on another business trip. minghao asked a lot of questions about the baby, and seungkwan was convinced he would try and have a kid with junhui, probably as soon as they returned home.

but the persistent ringing of his phone was drowned out by the blaring karaoke tracks.

***

"seungcheol!" jeonghan yelled from the bedroom. "seungcheol!"

"what is it?" seungcheol uttered, picking himself up off the floor where he had been playing lego with seunghyun after having put the youngest down for a nap. his knees protesting, he got up and went towards the bedroom.

"seungcheol, get your ass here right- argh," jeonghan shouted, cut off by a cry of pain. since he had got back from the hair shop, jeonghan had been experiencing what he thought was contractions, but had just brushed off because it was three weeks early. but they had gotten more frequent in the last hour, distracting him from his nap, and the last one was nearly unbearable.

"what is it, baby?" seungcheol exclaimed, rushing into the bedroom to find jeonghan standing with his hand on the wall, the other on his huge bump.

"s-seungcheol," he began, his voice shaky, "i think- ow!" his eyes filled with tears. "i think it's the baby."

"the baby?" seungcheol asked worriedly, crossing to his wife and placing his warm hands on jeonghan's belly. "you mean-"

jeonghan cut him off by nodding violently. "she's coming," he got out, wincing.

seungcheol wrapped his arms around his wife to support him where he stood.

"the contractions are getting really frequent," jeonghan whimpered, his fingers tightening around seungcheol's bicep. "she's early, what if something h-happens to her?"

"hey, it'll be alright," he soothed, rubbing jeonghan's back. "what do you need, baby? we need to get to the hospital-"

"but she can't come now!" jeonghan cried, "she's not ready! seungcheol-" he let out a scream, the pain leaving him gasping for breath. 

"we're going, now," seungcheol insisted. "we need to call someone to watch the boys, i just put seungmin to nap."

"try seungkwan," jeonghan gasped, pointing to his phone. seungcheol let go of him to grab his wife's phone.

jeonghan paced the room slowly as seungcheol tried to get in touch with seungkwan. he worriedly shook his head after the fifth time trying to call him.

"oh my god." jeonghan tugged on his newly short hair, beads of sweat standing out on his forehead. he took a deep breath. "wonwoo, you need to call wonwoo."

"yes, baby," seungcheol answered, finding the contact and pressing 'call'.

the phone to his ear, he went back to jeonghan, who gripped his hand tightly as another wave of pain washed over him.

"wonwoo, you better pick up soon," seungcheol muttered. but a sense of pride as well as excitement grew in his chest.

his daughter was on her way.

_______________________

ooh the new choi is coming!

i'm so excited lol

next chapter will be sometime this week, not sure as my classes are starting back tomorrow

i'll be able to update before the end of the week tho!

taellipses out x