34: chwe baby.

"baby might come tomorrow," hansol murmured kissing seungkwan's forehead.

"mm," he replied sleepily, rubbing his huge belly. "i don't know if she's ready yet."

"she's getting big for sure," hansol said, cuddling closer to his new husband and wrapping an arm around seungkwan's bump. he nuzzled the pink-haired guy's neck, making him giggle.

"sollie, stop," he laughed, pushing hansol's head away. "ugh, i need to pee."

"she'll come soon, and then you won't be needing to pee all the time, baby," hansol said, helping seungkwan get up.

"yeah, yeah," seungkwan said, waving a hand as he waddled to the bathroom.

hansol smiled and lay back on the bed. he was so excited. he thought about the time he had been against having kids... he had never told seungkwan this, but he had been terrified. he was scared he wouldn't be able to provide for seungkwan and a child.

"hansol!"

"yes, love?" he said immediately, bolting into an upright position.

"you're going to be late for work, get a move on."

"yes, of course, kwannie," he said, stumbling out of bed and looking for his work clothes.

seungkwan laughed as he saw hansol flapping around trying to get ready quickly.

"there are some snacks in the fridge you can take to work," he told him, shaking his head as hansol looked over with one leg in his pants and one arm in his shirt. "just hurry up, 'sol."

"i am," hansol said indignantly.

"then do one thing at a time, it's easier!" seungkwan giggled before heading to the kitchen.

he went to the sink, but his hands were almost too far away from the tap with his huge tummy in the way. porro curled around his legs, rubbing her nose against his shins.

"maybe i can get these done later," he sighed. "hello, porro," he cooed, "you've already had your breakfast, don't look at me like that."

"is jeonghan visiting you today?" hansol asked as he put on his tie where he stood in the doorway.

"yep," seungkwan said with a grin. "he's so set on being my birth partner that he wants to be here before the due date, even."

"well, he's got a good instinct for baby things," hansol reasoned.

"yeah, after having four of them," seungkwan scoffed. "i can't wait to see jeonghwa today! she's grown so much!"

"i'm sure jeonghan will be happy too see you, too, boo," he teased, going to press a kiss to his husband's cheek.

seungkwan giggled and kissed hansol's lips. "i'll see you when you get back from work," he said.

"bye, boo," he replied, hugging his husband before leaving the apartment.

seungkwan glanced at the clock. he decided to wash up some dishes before jeonghan came, but his bump made it difficult and he only succeeded in splashing dishwater over himself.

"for god's sake," he muttered, wiping at the wet patches on his sweater before going to get changed.

he analysed his wardrobe, which had shrunk so much since his bump got too big for his regular clothes. he found a large sweater of hansol's, pulling it over his head. whilst it would have been ridiculously oversized before, now hugged his belly, the sleeves falling way past his hands.

"jeonghan should be here soon," he murmured, folding up the sleeves and waddling towards the living room. "ah," he gasped, feeling a pain in his lower abdomen. then it was gone. "you okay in there, baby?"

seungkwan sighed, rubbing his belly. then pain hit him again. porro padded in, giving a concerned meow.

"oh my god," he mumbled, leaning on the doorframe.

jeonghan walked breezily through the front door, arms full of bags for a pamper party, and carrying jeonghwa in her car-seat.

"good morning, kwan!" he exclaimed, freezing in his tracks when he saw seungkwan leaning against the doorframe, clutching his stomach. he dropped the bags and put jeonghwa down by the couch. luckily she was asleep.

"jeonghan," seungkwan said shakily.

"sweetie, are you okay?" jeonghan asked urgently.

"j-jeonghan," seungkwan whimpered. "i'm scared."

porro whined and fussed around seungkwan's feet.

"sweetie, don't be scared," jeonghan uttered, gripping seungkwan's arms. "the baby will come soon, it's alright."

"but it hurts," seungkwan said, his voice cracking.

"take deep breaths, sweetie," jeonghan said gently, "how long ago did the contractions start?"

"just before you came," seungkwan got out, before another sharp pain hit him.

"sweetie, you won't give birth for a while yet," jeonghan assured him, "the contractions will become more frequent and that's when we need to go to the hospital."

"we're not going now?" seungkwan shrieked.

"calm down, sweeite," jeonghan told him, "you need to keep walking - gravity helps the baby come, okay?"

"okay," seungkwan agreed. "ow! can you call hansol?"

"i'll call wonwoo first," jeonghan said, noticing how porro was pacing around agitatedly. "he can look after the cat."

"alright- ah, jeonghan, tell him to hurry," seungkwan gasped, "i want to go to the hospital now."

"soon, okay, sweetie?" jeonghan promised. he called wonwoo. "i need you to come cat-sit."

"i'm like seven months pregnant, you fucker," wonwoo groaned. "you think i want to come all the way to seungkwan's-"

"he's gone into labour, you fucking dumbass shit," jeonghan snapped. "sweetie," he sighed, "please come."

"of course," wonwoo uttered, "i'll be right there. mingyu's off today so he'll drive me."

"okay, see you soon, sweetie," said jeonghan. he hung up and called hansol next. "sweetie, come to the hospital immediately, seungkwan will be there by the time you arrive."

"what? why? is seungkwan okay?" hansol rambled. "oh my god, i'm in a meeting but i'll try and come straight there."

"seungkwan's going to have the baby," jeonghan stated. "where is seungcheol?"

"he's right here - seungcheol, jeonghan's on the phone," hansol said. "wait, seungkwan's going to have the baby? oh my god ohmigod-"

"hannie, what's going on?" seungcheol asked, talking the phone from his hansol in his flustered state.

"let hansol out of the meeting immediately, because the chwe baby is on the way."

____________________________

chapters left: 1

can't believe this book is nearly over yikes

thanks for the never-ending support ^.^ 💚

taellipses out x