14: worry.

seungkwan hadn't heard from wonwoo in five days.

to say that he was worried was an understatement.

"kwannie," hansol said softly, hugging him close as they sat watching a movie on the sofa. porro meowed in agreement.

"hansol," seungkwan whispered. "i'm worried."

the brunette rubbed his shoulder comfortingly, pressing a kiss to the top of his head. "you should still go to work, love."

seungkwan nodded. "i know... i just, wonwoo's my friend, and-" the blond cut himself off, hiding his eyes behind one hand. "i thought he could talk to me, but he hasn't..."

"i could try and find out his address?" hansol suggested.

the blond shook his head. "i should get to work. if wonwoo wants to be alone, he can be alone."

seungkwan sluggishly got up from the sofa and went to the bedroom to get dressed. porro followed him, meowing helpfully.

"i know, porro," he murmured, "i know." he got dressed in his usual blue jeans, but noticed he was having a little difficulty doing the button up. "growing, are we?" he chuckled, rubbing his stomach. he found a pair of jeans in the back of the closet that had been too loose for him before, after he'd lost a bit of weight. wearing them now, they were almost snug around his middle.

"my favourite sweater," hansol cooed, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend and burying his face in the soft blue-and-white striped fabric.

"my favourite boy," seungkwan replied, stroking hansol's hair. "are you all ready?"

hansol pulled away, nodding. "drive safely, okay?"

"when would i not?" he returned, kissing hansol soundly.

seungkwan got in his little car and drove to the bookstore, parking in the multi-storey parking lot just five minutes walk from there.

"soonyoung-"

"no, wonwoo hasn't turned up, and no i haven't seen him," the pink-haired guy answered.

seungkwan sighed. "sorry; morning, soonyoung."

"good morning to you," he chirped, smiling. "you look tired."

"thanks," he said dryly.

***

"wonwoo," mingyu said gently, hovering at his husband's side. he touched the soft bed covers, his hand lingering near wonwoo's thin fingers. "please eat something?"

an almost imperceptible shake of the head from the dark-haired man.

mingyu swallowed, looking down. "okay," he said quietly. "let me know if you'll eat something later? or if you're hungry?"

there was no reply, and mingyu walked away. he knew wonwoo wasn't going to say anything.

five days ago...

"hmm? you'll be home early? what a treat," wonwoo chuckled, holding his phone between his shoulder and his ear as he lifted a tin out of the oven. "yes, it's my day off. no! you know i take random days off." he laughed at something mingyu said. "you'll be surprised; i actually tried cooking today. yes, of course you can eat it when you get back... alright, i'll call you later. love you, gyu."

the bespectacled man smiled, placing his phone on the counter and inspecting the cake in front of him. it looked edible enough.

wonwoo sang softly to himself as he washed the dishes. he dried his hands and laid a hand on his stomach.