09: mom.

seungkwan was fidgeting endlessly with the hem of his sleeve, until hansol grabbed his hand.

"love, don't stress," he said gently. "they're gonna love you."

the blond huffed out a sigh. "if you say so."

"well, i'm right," he assured him, quickly kissing his lips. "besides, you look freaking gorgeous tonight, boo."

seungkwan tried not to blush. "thanks, 'sollie."

"good, now let's not sit in the parking lot all night," hansol chuckled, reaching over to unfasten seungkwan's seat belt.

they got out of the car and headed over to the restaurant. hansol waved to a dark-haired man in a suit who was sitting at one of the tables. his wife was talking animatedly to him, with long dark hair and wearing a dark red blazer. hansol tugged on seungkwan's hand and they went over to them.

"seungkwan, this is my boss, choi seungcheol," said hansol, and the dark haired man stood, bowing slightly. "seungcheol, this is my lovely boyfriend, boo seungkwan."

"great to finally meet you, seungkwan," seungcheol said with a grin, "hansol doesn't shut up about you. i'd like to introduce you to my wife-"

"i can introduce myself, babe."

"choi jeonghan?" seungkwan uttered.

"seungkwan, sweetie!" jeonghan said warmly. "forgive me for not standing up," he said, patting his huge belly. "lovely to meet your boyfriend, seungkwan; hansol," he added, offering the brunette his hand.

"you two know each other?" hansol asked, confused, shaking jeonghan's hand before seungkwan went to hug the man.

"you look lovely, sweetie," said jeonghan, "i had no idea i'd be having dinner with you!"

"me neither," seungkwan said with a laugh.

"i think you two have got some explaining to do," seungcheol suggested. "please, take a seat."

seungkwan and hansol sat down opposite the couple.

"well, seungkwan and i met..." jeonghan trailed off, seeing seungkwan shaking his head with a worried expression. "at the grocery store, last week, was it? we saw each other again, actually, and had coffee together."

"hit it off straight away," seungkwan agreed, forcing a smile. jeonghan smiled sadly before tucking his hair behind his ear and looking to his husband.

"are we going to order? i'm starving."

***

"you okay, sweetie?" jeonghan asked, having followed seungkwan to the bathroom after the latter had excused himself from the table.

"jeonghan," seungkwan mumbled, "i can't do this."

"sweetie," he said, wrapping his arms around the younger. seungkwan awkwardly hugged jeonghan around the baby bump, jeonghan rubbing his back. "you're doing great, you just need to tell hansol. then you two can work it through together."

seungkwan shook his head. "i can't tell him; he'll hate m-me."

"why do you think that, sweetie?" jeonghan asked gently.

"he doesn't want to h-have kids," seungkwan got out. "jeonghan, he double checked that we used a condom last night because he was scared i could've gotten pregnant."

jeonghan sighed, at a loss. he let go of the blond, looking him in the eye. "you need to tell him, seungkwan. i know we only met last week, but i'm telling you this as your hyung. please, tell hansol."