22: interruption.

"honey," mingyu murmured. wonwoo could feel the deep reverberations of his husband's voice in his own chest as the taller rested on top of him.

"mm?" he asked, smiling shyly.

mingyu moved a sweaty lock of hair out of wonwoo's eyes, kissing his forehead, then his cheek, then his mouth. "i love you," he whispered.

"i love you, too," wonwoo replied, his voice cracking a little. he reached his hands further around his husband's back, pulling the warmth of his bare skin closer.

half lying on top of wonwoo, mingyu's legs were still tangled with his husband's, the rise and fall of their chests mirroring each other. he pressed a kiss to wonwoo's neck, his collar bone, a strong hand brushing wonwoo's thin waist.

"i love you so much," he mumbled, nuzzling wonwoo's neck, his thumb drawing circles on wonwoo's hip.

"you're so sappy after sex," wonwoo chuckled, feeling heat starting to pool in the pit of his stomach as he felt mingyu's hands and lips on him.

"i'm an emotional person," mingyu commented, grinning playfully as he stared into wonwoo's eyes. he raised his body a little, resting on his elbow and hooking wonwoo's leg around his waist, making wonwoo raise his eyebrows. "you're not... too tired, are you?"

wonwoo rolled his eyes. "i'm guessing you're not," he scoffed. "well... i wouldn't object."

mingyu's grin turned into a smirk and wonwoo felt himself getting more turned on by the second.

then his phone rang.

the pair froze, looking from each other to the phone that rested on the side table.

"i really want to ignore that," mingyu groaned, but wonwoo reluctantly pushed his husband off him to see who was calling.

"shit, it's jeonghan," wonwoo hissed, answering the call. "jeonghan- oh, hi, seungcheol. what's going on? he's what? shit, of course i'll be right there," he said. "see you in, like, five minutes. keep jeonghan active, don't let him lie down or anything. keep the boys calm, and don't let jeonghan freak out, okay? help him keep walking like that..."

wonwoo pushed off the bed, shoving his glasses on his face, and searched for a shirt to throw on. mingyu watched his husband move around the room, his gaze tracing the curves of wonwoo's body. he groaned, tearing his gaze away and grabbing his boxers which he had discarded earlier on the floor.

"yes, see you, seungcheol," wonwoo said, hanging up. he almost tripped as he tried to put on a pair of boxers. he met eyes with mingyu. "jeonghan's gone into labour, so i need to get there right away to watch the boys."

mingyu nodded, finding wonwoo's jeans and handing them to him.

"thanks, gyu," wonwoo sighed, kissing him. "i'm sorry i have to go..."

"no, no," mingyu insisted, "they need your help. want me to drive you? i could drive jeonghan and seungcheol to the hospital as well."

"that's a good idea," wonwoo said hurriedly, shrugging on a shirt, and a sweater over the top as mingyu also got dressed. he gave a groan.

"what?" mingyu asked.

"i just feel kind of gross to be going out right after..." he trailed off, glaring at mingyu's amused expression.

"to think we were about to go for round two," mingyu muttered, grabbing his car keys and following wonwoo into the hallway.

"no, drive my car," wonwoo told him. "i'm not having you drive jeonghan in a police car and freak him out even more."

the left the house, locking up behind them and getting in wonwoo's car.

"you really knew what to tell seungcheol in this situation," mingyu said in a small voice.

wonwoo gave a sad smile as mingyu pulled out of the driveway.

"i remembered a lot from what i read," he replied quietly. he gave mingyu's knee a squeeze. "you've been so amazing, gyu... i don't know what i'd do without you."

mingyu actually 'aw'ed, briefly squeezing wonwoo's hand. "honey, i really love you."

"i love you, too."

they arrived at jeonghan and seungcheol's house, wonwoo rushing out of the car to knock on the door. seungwon answered the door, staring up at the tall man.

"uncle wonnie!" he squealed.

"hey, little guy," said wonwoo, patting him on the head, "where's your mommy and daddy?"

"in the bedroom," seungwon answered, pointing down the hall. "mommy's tummy hurts because the baby is coming."

"okay," wonwoo sighed out, going straight to the bedroom to find jeonghan sniffling and clinging onto seungcheol's arm as he continued to pace back and forth.

"oh, wonwoo!" jeonghan cried, bursting into tears.

"my husband mingyu brought me in the car," wonwoo said quickly, laying a hand on seungcheol's arm. "so he can drive you to the hospital. you're too stressed to be driving."

seungcheol nodded quickly. "come on, baby," he said to jeonghan, "shall i get your coat?"

"i don't need a fucking coat!" jeonghan shrieked, "let's just go already, please." he took a moment to wipe his tears as seungcheol went to grab their shoes, and squinted at wonwoo.

wonwoo tried to avoid eye contact.

"you two fucked just now, didn't you," jeonghan stated.

"we don't need to discuss this right now," wonwoo muttered, grabbing the pair of slip-on boots that seungcheol brought and crouching to place them on jeonghan's feet.

"ow!" jeonghan cried, breaking into fresh sobs, clutching his tummy.

"get his coat," wonwoo said briskly, taking jeonghan by the arm and leading him out of the room. he helped the couple through the front door, opening the back passenger seat and letting jeonghan climb in. "see you soon, mingyu," he said to his husband.

"bye, honey," mingyu replied, glancing nervously at the very expectant couple in the back. "i'll get you there as fast as possible, sir."

wonwoo watched the car pull away and disappear round the corner. he ran a hand through his hair, realising he was still disgustingly sweaty.

"uncle wonnie?" seungwon asked him, tugging on his sleeve.

"yes, seungwon? hey, you shouldn't be outside with no shoes on," he said gently, going back into the house with the five-year-old.

"seungmin is sleeping," seungwon told him, as if he'd been asked to give some kind of report on the situation, "and seunghyun is still playing lego."

"okay," wonwoo said with a nod, leaning on the wall after he locked the front door.

"i can play with seunghyun if you want to shower," the small boy offered.

"shower?" wonwoo echoed.

"yeah... you look sweaty," seungwon observed, wrinkling his nose. "what were you doing, uncle wonnie?"

wonwoo slowly turned bright red. "...exercise?"

seungwon shrugged and headed back to the living room, but wonwoo swore he heard the five-year-old mutter "must've been hard."

the bespectacled man face-palmed. he just hoped that the newest choi would arrive safely.

___________________________

i don't really have an explanation for this meanie shit

other than i love them and they've turned into some kind of gag couple ew

next chapter will be soon, sometime next week! i can't believe i'm writing five books now yikes

taellipses out x