Chapter 18: Reacquainted or Acquainted at Last

"Oh, Hermione, you're back already," Mrs. Weasley said in surprise when Hermione gave a little knock and let herself into the Burrow.

"Yeah, we're finished for today," Hermione answered. She made her way to the kitchen where Molly was cleaning the table and Ginny was perusing the sports section of the Daily Prophet.

"Harry?" Ginny asked as she folded up the paper.

"He's okay now. We've made a plan."

"So, he's not going into-"

"No, he's not going into Knockturn Alley," Hermione reassured her.

"Thank you," Ginny said ardently. "I know he could probably handle himself but… I don't think anyone should go there, but most certainly not him."

"I know," said Hermione. She knew how hard all of it was for Ginny to accept. Harry rarely told her much of what he did at work for that very reason. She worried for him. She knew her friend would worry for her too, if she knew that Hermione would be going to Knockturn Alley in his place, so she thought it better not to mention it. "So where's Aurelian?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear. We didn't think you'd be back so soon. He just went up to the orchard with Charlie to try out his toy broomstick," Molly apologized. "Ginny, why don't you go get him for Hermione?"

"No, no. Don't worry about it. He can play for a little while," said Hermione.

"Well, you're welcome to go watch them if you want," Molly offered.

"No, definitely not. I would ruin all of the fun with my worrying. I still have a hard time seeing Ginny and the guys pulling some of the tricks they do. I might have a heart attack watching Aurelian on one," Hermione chuckled nervously.

"It's only a toy broom," Ginny reminded to assuage some of Hermione's fear. "They fly low. His toes will barely be off the ground."

"I know… I'll just let him have fun with Charlie and tell me about it later."

"I bet Charlie's having as much fun as Aurelian," Molly smiled. "When I told him that Aurelian had a toy broom that he hadn't yet tried out, he was thrilled to take him up there."

"I hope you don't mind, Hermione. It seems our family has adopted him as a nephew," Ginny chuckled.

"It's good for him," Hermione replied. "It really means a lot."

"He means a lot to us too, love," Molly told her. "It's been quite some time since we've had little ones around here. Now we get both Aurelian and Teddy to liven the place up a bit."

"So, are you coming to dinner here tonight? Harry is bringing Teddy again," Ginny informed her.

"Oh, I'm not going to be able to make it tonight…," Hermione replied apologetically. "Hey, Gin, since Aurelian's going to be playing for a bit, do you think I could steal you away to talk?"

Ginny and Molly looked up at Hermione with interest and she blushed, making the two women even more curious.

"Sure, let's go." Ginny answered. She pushed out of her chair and started for the stairs. Hermione followed after and glanced back at Mrs. Weasley. The woman wore a warm and knowing smile which caused Hermione to blush more deeply. There was no way a veteran mother like her did not recognize the signs of boy/girl issues.

"So?" Ginny asked, plopping down on her bed.

"He's coming to dinner again," Hermione declared, her stomach twisting into knots.

"Okay…" Ginny said uncertainly. "I don't see why you're so nervous, though. You said things went rather well on Friday. It was a bit awkward, but it should be a little easier this time."