Chapter 31: Pack of Weasels

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Draco muttered quietly, walking alongside Hermione. Aurelian was happily positioned between them, holding onto his father's hand.

"You look scared," Hermione smiled.

"Hesitant. Apprehensive. Not scared," he corrected, "though perhaps I should be. Walking into a den of wolves…"

"I thought you referred to them as weasels," Hermione chided.

"I'm sure they're a lot more dangerous than that," he replied.

"Burrow safe, Daddy," Aurelian assured him.

"He's right. The Weasleys are all very kind. They've invited you as a guest. They're not going to attack you."

"They hate me," he said flatly.

"They don't hate you. Other than Ron, they hardly know you. And even he doesn't know you like Harry or I do. I'm telling you, it will be fine. If nothing else, they'll be kind to you for Aurey's and my sake. And I have a feeling that once they see how well Harry and I get along with you, they'll warm up to you quicker than you think," Hermione said supportively, stopping at the front door. "Just don't accept anything the twins offer you. And I mean anything."

There was an instant flash of fear on Draco's face, but Hermione opened the door before he had a chance to respond.

"Hello," she called through the house as she entered.

"Oh, Hermione," Molly greeted as she popped her head around the entrance to the kitchen. "Well, don't just stand around the door. Come on in."

"Aunt Molly!" Aurelian said in greeting.

"Oh, Aurey, how are you dear?" she smiled brightly. "I'm so glad I still get to see you today."

Aurelian ran into the kitchen and threw his arms around her. In the warm welcoming of her sweet little friend, the greeting Molly intended for Draco was forgotten.

"I am so sorry that I wasn't able to watch him for you today, Hermione," she apologized sincerely.

"No, that's fine," Hermione reassured her as she entered the kitchen. Draco tentatively followed after, surveying his surroundings. He had never set foot on the property, let alone in the house, but still felt that something was out of place in the kitchen. There was a large empty area opposite the counters and appliances where he was sure that a table belonged. Instead, there was one chair set in the middle where an irritated red-headed young woman stood scowling down at her twin brothers. The twins, however, paid her no mind as they stared hard at Draco.

"He was well looked after," Hermione continued speaking to Mrs. Weasley. "What about Aunt Muriel though? Is she alright?"

Molly sighed in exasperation. "The healers said she should be right as rain in only a week's time, but she still insists that we contact her lawyer to go over her will with her."

"Again," one of the twins piped up.

"With as much as you put up with her, she better be intending you leave you a hefty sum," the other twin added.

"Fred! I can't believe you'd say something like that. She's family," Molly scolded.

"George, Mum," the boy corrected seriously. "If you're going to tell me off, at least know who you're talking to."

Molly stared at him for a moment, scowling sternly. Finally, she reached out and pushed his long ginger curtain of hair back on the left side. His ear coming into sight, she gave it a little yank. "That's what I thought, Fred," she snipped. Without another word, she turned back to her cooking. With a smirk, Fred returned to helping George pin up the cloak that Ginny was modeling.