002

002: meeting the others.

"Hey, who's this?" Jungkook stopped walking and spun around, and Y/N and Jisoo turned around along with him. They were sort of forced to since if they didn't, there was a risk that their arms would break with the way Jungkook held them. 

A tall, silver-haired male stood before them, showing off a friendly grin. His dark brown eyes looked over each person, lingering on Y/N for a while. His lips, which were a light shade of pink, parted slightly. The said female was too tired to notice this, her eyes semi-closed.

"Oh, it's just my sister, Jisoo and her best friend, Y/N," Jungkook replied, snapping the male out of his thoughts. He turned to look at his sister, and then at her friend. "This is Taehyung."

"Nice to meet you!" Jisoo said loudly and enthusiastically, reaching out her hand for Taehyung to shake and startling the H/C-haired female, which caused her to jump slightly. 

Taehyung let out a chuckle and shook the girl's hand with his. "Nice to meet you, too."

Jisoo watched his expression, his smile reminding her of a rectangle. His hand felt warm, especially compared to her freezing one. 

The male pulled his hand back and turned to Y/N. "Hi!"

"H-hey," she mumbled in reply. 

His grin grew wider at the sound of her voice. 

"I have to go now, but I'll see you around, hopefully!" Taehyung said, beginning to walk away.

Jungkook smiled at the two females. "Okay, you met Taehyung now, so let's meet the other five members." He paused, his eyes drifting over to see another male standing a few meters away from them. This one had blonde, fluffy-looking hair, and his back was facing them as he used his phone. "Oh, there's Jimin!"

It was as if those two -- well, technically, three -- words had woken up Y/N completely. She stared at the blonde-haired male intently, as she felt her heart sink down. No... it can't be...

Jimin turned around at the sound of Jungkook's voice and walked up to him, not noticing the female staring at him in surprise and sadness yet. 

"Hey!" Jimin greeted him with a genuine smile. "What're you doing here?"

"My sister and her friend wanted to meet the other members," Jungkook explained, gesturing to the two girls at his either side. 

"Oh!" Jimin turned to look first at the younger male's sister, smiling warmly at her, and then at the other female. His smile disappeared.

"So, this is Jisoo, and this is--"

"Y/N?!" the boy interrupted in shock.

The said female glared at him.

"Oh, so you two know each other?" Jungkook said.

"We uh... we used to date," Jimin mumbled, directing his gaze downwards.

"Y/N!" her best friend exclaimed, turning to look at the girl. 

"What?" she muttered in reply, looking back at her, anger faintly evident in her voice.

"How could you not tell me about you dating such a hot guy?!" Her eyes were fixed on Jimin's face as she talked. 

The male looked up at her and smirked. "Hmm, you think so?" he asked, referring to the adjective she had used to describe him. 

She blushed, as she had not expected him to be the one to reply to her, and nodded.

"Well, I could say the same for you, babe." He winked at her.

I think I just had a heart attack. Jisoo thought silently, screaming internally. 

"That was a long time ago," Y/Nmuttered angrily, in disbelief that he was already flirting with her best friend, when he was acting shy and shit just five seconds ago. 

Jimin chuckled. "Y/N, honey, that was a year ago. That isn't too long of a time, you know."

"Yes it is," she replied, glaring at him once more. She then turned to Jungkook. "Can we continue walking? Please?"

"U-uh, y-yeah, of course," he replied quickly, taking her hand in his and squeezing it in an attempt to comfort her. "Come on, Jisoo."

"You two can go, I'll catch up later," she answered with a smile. Jimin wrapped his arm around her waist with a smirk. 

Jungkook's gaze drifted to the male. "Take care of my baby sister, okay?" 

He walked off, with Jisoo calling after him to complain and say that she was not a "baby". 

"Sorry about that," Jungkook whispered to Y/N. 

"It's not your fault," she replied, forcing a smile. "Come on. Who else is there? At least I won't meet anyone else that I know."

It was strange, but, even though she had only met Jungkook a few minutes ago, she already felt close to him. She felt safe walking there beside him, his hand holding hers, and at that moment, everything seemed great.