011

011: memories.

"Suga?.. I-it can't be..." Y/N whispered in shock.

The male simply continued to grin.

"Sh-show me your scar!" she demanded, stumbling over her words. Yoongi pulled up the sleeve of his shirt, revealing a small scar in the shape of a square just below his shoulder. 

  ∞  flashback 

Ten year old Y/N was playing alone at the park close to her house when she noticed a boy who looked about fifteen years old. He was sat on the ground beside a bench, covering his face with his hands.

Tilting her head to the side in curiosity, the girl walked up to him and lightly poked his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

He drew his hands back and glared at her. "Mind your own business, kid."

"You're mean," she replied with a pout. 

"Yeah, and?" he said, rolling his eyes and looking over at her.

She studied his face, and then smiled. "You're pretty. You'd be prettier if you weren't mean, though."

The boy cocked an eyebrow at her. "Right. Thanks. Your opinion really  matters to me, you know? Oh, and pretty  isn't an adjective you'd use to describe a boy. Especially me."

He lifted his left arm and covered his eyes with it, before letting out a sigh. The sleeve of his T-Shirt rolled down.

"Why do you have a square on your arm?" she asked with a frown. 

"It's a cut," he muttered, obviously annoyed by her.

"Who's going around cutting out squares on people, then? Did someone punch you with a cookie cutter or something?" 

He pulled his arm back again, glaring at her once more. "I already told you, kid. Mind your own business."

"You look upset though. Are you okay?"

"Why do you care? I don't even know who you are."

"I don't like seeing others sad. And my name is Y/N, what's yours?"

He snorted. "Right, as if I'm gonna tell you my name."

"Hey, you know what your cut reminds me of? A sugar cube! I'll call you Suga. Maybe that'll make you sweeter." She stuck out her tongue and he slowly shook his head in disbelief.

"Is sugar all you kids think about nowadays?"

"N-no! And don't call me a kid, I'm only a bit younger than you."

"Yeah, right. How old are you, seven?"

"I'm ten," she replied, sounding offended. "And you're like, thirteen, aren't you?"

"Fifteen," he corrected, raising his eyebrows.

  ∞ 

 A couple of weeks later, they had somehow grown to become close friends, simply ignoring the age gap. Y/N was mature for her age, and that was all that mattered. Suga felt like he could tell her anything... except for his name. 

She never asked about it again, calling him the nickname she made up. He grew to become attached to it, too. Their friendship lasted years. 

One day, however, everything changed. Thirteen year old Y/N arrived at that same park, where Suga would meet her everyday. It was a special day then; his eighteenth birthday. 

She had brought a cupcake with her. It wasn't much, but she hoped it would suffice. 

But as she wandered the park, looking for her best friend who was now technically an adult, she couldn't find him anywhere. 

Did he get bored of spending time with me? Is it because I'm still a child? Did he get new adult friends to replace me? I should've known. It was probably more like babysitting for him, anyway. I'd get bored of me, too. 

No matter how understanding she was, she couldn't help but wish that he'd at least come to say goodbye to her. 

  ∞ end of flashback   

"Suga?.." she mumbled. "It's really you..."

"Yeah..."

Tears welled up in her eyes as she made eye contact with him. "Why did you leave?"

"Well... my mother got me a sort of... surprise present for my eighteenth birthday. A ticket to the other side of the country. To live in a house she'd bought for me. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you, and I always felt bad about it."

Her lips trembled as she smiled. She didn't say anything; just stood up and hugged him, and he hugged back tighter. 

"I missed you so much, Y/N," he whispered. 

As she was about to reply, Jimin came through with their drinks. "Hey, so-- woah. What happened here? I thought you didn't really know each other?"

"We do," the female replied as she pulled away from the hug and sat down in her seat. "Much better than I've ever known you, actually."

Jimin narrowed his eyes. "Ha. Whatever. I brought some drinks," he muttered.

A/N. okayyy can we just pretend that 5 years isn't a big age gap?? i mean,, i have friends 5 years older than me and they're ok with spending time w me so--
anyway, i hope this wasn't too cringy slkdfkhsdf hopefully it isn't too unrealistic
in this ff jungkook is one year older than the reader,, so he's 19 and yoongi is 23, so to know the age of the others just use the age gap between them and jungkook shkjdfhskfsk
maybe i should've made him the same age as the reader but he has to be at least a year older for the rest of the plot to make sense, soo ksdhfkdfhks

can we also pretend that it's normal not to know the real name of your friend and that it's normal to forget what they looked like and not recognize them even though they recognize you please thanks i know my ff logic is kinda flawed oops

also please ignore all of the keyboard smashes i make in my a/ns

this is all so cringy i'm so sorry goodbye--