010

010: a gift and a coffee.

Y/N sat up, stretching and looking over at the alarm clock. It was almost 1 pm. "I should look for a job. I'm spending every day doing basically nothing."

She stood up at the same time as the bell rang, which caused her to frown, wondering who it could be.

"Coming!" she yelled out, running downstairs in her F/C pajamas. She opened the door but she was greeted by just a cube-shaped parcel. Narrowing her eyes in confusion, she picked it up and closed the door after her.

The female quickly but carefully unwrapped it. A box and a brightly-colored card were inside. She opened it and read the contents.

Hi Y/N!~

Hopefully I remembered your address correctly. I couldn't ask Jisoo since it would be too awkward. Anyway, since you're the best friend of my now-girlfriend, I think it's better if we patch things up, don't you think? 

The box contains a present from me; I hope you accept it. You don't have to send one back, I'll just assume you accept my apology and friendship if you don't return this. We could also go out for a coffee sometime if you--

She threw the card aside, rolling her eyes. I wonder what he sent.

Hesitantly, she opened the box. She was surprised to see that it contained a clock. What an unusual present. 

Shrugging, she decided to accept it. Weirdly enough, it was already set up, so she simply placed it on the wall of her bedroom.  She then pulled out her phone to text Jimin.

Y/N: Thanks for the present. You didn't have to send one, though. I'd accept your "apology and friendship" anyway; I don't hold grudges, especially since you're my best friend's boyfriend now.

His reply came immediately. 

Jimin: I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to, anyway. So, what about going for a coffee? Just about now, or whenever you want? I'm free today.

She read the message, before hesitantly typing out a reply and then deleting it. It seemed like he knew what she wasn't sure about, though.

Jimin: Don't worry, I'll bring a friend along if you're so nervous about it. :)

Y/N: Okay then. How about meeting at 2?

Jimin: Good with me. :) I'll send you the address in a sec

She yawned and quickly went into her bathroom to brush her teeth and change into some clothes. She put on a long sleeved black crop top and a skirt (or jeans, if that's what you prefer skjffkd), before throwing on a jacket, slipping on her favorite pair of shoes and grabbing her phone. 

It was already ten to two, so she stepped out of the house. She checked the address Jimin sent her, noticing that it was quite close to her, so she wouldn't be late.

Y/N arrived at the cafe and immediately saw Jimin at a table with one of the boys from their group. Jimin waved, his plump lips forming a smile at the sight of her. She walked over to them and the other male looked up, widening his eyes. 

"Y/N..." he mumbled. "Hi again."

"Hi, uh..." she trailed off, feeling awkward as she wasn't able to remember his name. 

"It's Yoongi," he replied with a small but cute smile. 

God damn it, why do they all have such cute smiles? Is that why they hang around each other? They should just call themselves "The Smile Boys" or something.

"Ah, right," she said, not knowing what else to say. 

Why did Jimin ask me too meet him? Why did he bring along someone I don't even know? Couldn't he have at least brought Jungkook? 

"Uh... are you two going to order anything, or..?" she asked awkwardly. 

"I'll go order some drinks for us," Jimin volunteered immediately. "I still remember your favorite drink, you know."

He jumped out of his seat before Y/N could say that her favorite beverage had changed months ago, and she was left alone with Yoongi.

"Um, so..." Yoongi sat up straight as he heard her speak, making eye contact with her. "Two days ago, at the performance, you knew my name before I had introduced myself. I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but... do I know you? I don't think I've ever met anyone with your name, to be honest."

He quickly smacked his forehead in realization, immediately feeling stupid to had been expecting her to recognize him, especially with his different appearance.

"Do you, by any chance, remember Suga?" he asked hopefully. 

She widened her eyes as memories of her childhood best friend flooded in for the first time in ages. "Yes... are you a friend of his?"

A wide grin appeared on Yoongi's face. "I am  him."

A/N. My chapters aren't getting any longer, apparently, because... idk, it just sounds better if I leave it on a kinda cliffhanger thing I guess. ((:
I'll try to update twice a week when I can! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Don't forget to vote and comment! If you need ideas on what to comment, why don't you try guessing how Suga got his nickname in this ff? ((:
Most of the next chapter will be a flashback, so prepare yourself for a trip to "your" past.~