009

009: the date - part two.

"Well, this is really going great, isn't it," Y/N mumbled. Jisoo sat in front of her, sighing. The two boys had excused themselves to go to the bathroom at the same time, right when they just sat down. They hadn't even ordered the food yet. "Uh... Jisoo?"

"Yeah?" she asked, looking up at her.

"Sorry for... you know, intruding on your date with Jimin. Just... ignore me, I guess? I know how excited you were about this..."

"Y/N, what are you saying?!" she said, sitting up straight. "It's okay! I'm actually happy to have my best friend with me when I'm on my first date. And... they're right. I guess it could be a bit awkward with Jimin after yesterday."

"Okay, I'm glad to hear that," Y/N replied, and Jisoo smiled a genuine smile. She smiled back. 

"We are back!"  Jungkook said excitedly, sliding into the seat beside Y/N.

Jimin smiled faintly, sitting down next to Jisoo and sliding his arm around her waist. She looked down at the table, pretending to focus on the menu to hide her smile as it grew wider.

"So, what will you be ordering, babe?" he asked, looking at her. "A salad?"

"Bold of you to assume she likes salads," Y/N muttered, as she picked out something for herself. Jungkook chuckled slightly, whilst Jimin's eye twitched in slight anger.

They all found something to eat, before Jimin called over the waitress and she took their orders. Jungkook began conversing with Y/N to pass the time, mostly just questions to get to know each other better. Jimin immediately did the same with Jisoo. It almost seemed like a competition to see who would get to know the other fastest. After that, when the food had arrived, it now seemed that Jimin was copying everything Jungkook did. The younger male carefully placed his bowl of soup before himself, and so did Jimin. The older took his spoon right after Jungkook did, watching his every move. 

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at him. The two girls just watched in confusion. 

"Excuse us once again, please," Jungkook said softly, smiling at Y/N, before standing up and going to the bathroom. Jimin, mumbling something, hurried after him. They passed the waitress who had served them, and she frowned, before walking over to their table.

The two females, still confused, stared at her. 

"Hi," the waitress said quickly. "We don't have much time before they return, so just listen to me for now. Don't interrupt."

She took a deep breath.

"I don't want to interfere with your dates or anything, but if these are your first dates with those two then you shouldn't trust them too much. They've been acting suspiciously. Right now, I heard one tell the other about something not being part of the plan  and since they just walked away from this table after being with you two, I think there's a pretty good chance it's related to you. Before that, I saw them outside of the bathrooms, watching you and whispering to each other about something." She turned around for a second and then looked back at the girls. "They're coming back now, so I've got to go. If they ask about why I was here, tell them that I was asking you if you were enjoying the food."

The waitress then hurried away, leaving the two girls there, still very confused and attempting to comprehend the information they had just taken in. Jungkook and Jimin were talking to the manager of the restaurant about something. 

Jisoo looked over at Y/N with a worried expression on her face. "I don't want to believe that either of them are planning something bad. I mean, that's my brother over there. I've known him my whole life and he's never done anything to harm someone. Maybe they're just planning to ask us to be their girlfriends after the date? And that's it? That's the plan?"

Y/N watched the two males. Jungkook noticed her gaze and made eye contact with her, smiling cutely. He looks so innocent... he can't be involved in anything bad. Jimin, maybe, but Jungkook... I trust him.

"Yep," she said to her best friend. "I bet that's the plan."

  ∞  

And they weren't exactly wrong.

The date ended after a couple more hours of talking and eating. By the end of it, Y/N thought she knew pretty much everything about Jungkook. Jisoo thought the same of Jimin, whose actions of copying everything Jungkook did had magically ceased after their return from the bathroom. That is, until they paid for the meal and stepped out of the restaurant. 

"Y/N," Jungkook said, looking at her. 

Jimin immediately looked over at Jisoo, also pronouncing her name. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" they both asked their partner at the same time. 

This time, however, the boys weren't the only ones copying each other. Jisoo and Y/N shared a glance and a smile, before they said, at the same time, "Yes."

A/N: Uh... I mean... it's a bit longer??? I hope you enjoyed this chapter sjdhsdfkhdklf
Is it too cringy???? I hope not sdfhksdfhkds don't forget to vote and comment idk kjdshfkj