007

007: preparation.

"What? Why not?" Y/N asked with a slight frown. He'd been so excited about it yesterday... How come he's already changed his mind?

But of course, due to fanfiction clichés, Jungkook didn't get to answer. Jisoo had walked in, her eyes wide, her hair wrapped in a towel, a nervous expression on her face.

"Y/N, I need your help. I have nothing to wear for this date."

The female glanced at her best friend's brother. He smiled. "Bye, Y/N. I'll see you later."

"Jungkook, if Jimin comes early, distract him," Jisoo said, before running upstairs and dragging Y/N after her.

"Wait, you're going on a date with Jimin?" he yelled after them.

They went into Jisoo's room and she slammed the door closed. "Okay, now, help. Please."

"Right."

Jisoo opened her wardrobe and began frantically digging through the clothes. She paused. "Hey, Y/N? What time is it?"

The female checked her phone. "Twenty to seven."

"Shit. That shower took way too long," her friend muttered, throwing a heap of clothes onto the bed where Y/N had sat down, the girl barely dodging them. "We're going to a restaurant, so I should wear something formal, right? How about this dress?"

She picked up a sparkly red dress and held it in front of herself. Y/N frowned. "Don't you think it's a bit too shiny?"

"You're right," Jisoo said, throwing the dress on the floor in frustration and stepping on it as she fished out another item of clothing. Y/N cringed, feeling bad for the dress. "What about this?"

The female was thinking of what to say when her best friend sighed. 

"It's too short, isn't it?" she said, tossing it away, too. 

They went through the whole pile, before settling on a silver knee-length, v-neck spaghetti strap dress, just as the doorbell rang, signaling Jimin's arrival.

"Oh God, he's here!" Jisoo whisper-yelled. "Okay, I'm gonna change into it really quickly, go down and tell him to wait in case Jungkook's mad at me for this and doesn't do what I asked him to. I might take a few more minutes since I still have to apply my makeup, too."

Y/N complied, exiting the room. She was about to walk downstairs when she noticed that Jungkook was already talking to Jimin, probably the usual brother talk about treating his sister right. She decided not to interrupt and stayed hidden, watching them. With what felt like a painful stab to her heart, she noticed Jimin's attire. It was an understatement to say he was just good-looking, but she wasn't the one going on a date with him. Those days were long over, and she wasn't going to step in the way of her best friend's happiness. He couldn't have changed that much, anyway. Rolling her eyes, she distracted herself by examining her nails and making a mental note to file them and paint them as soon as possible.

Jisoo's bedroom door swung open, nearly hitting Y/N. "Oh God, what are you doing there? Anyway, come down with me."

The two girls walked down the stairs together, Jimin and Jungkook stopping their conversation as they did. 

"Hi!" Jisoo said to Jimin excitedly. He smiled at her, his eyes looking her over, before hugging her slightly and pressing his soft, plump lips to her cheek. 

There was a slight pause, as no one said anything. 

Once again, Jisoo broke the silence, making eye contact with Jimin. "Shall we get going, then? It's already, like, seven?"

"Actually, there's something else." Jimin's smile grew a bit wider. "While you were getting ready, Jungkook and I decided that... it would be better to make this a double date."

A/N: Hi guys!~ Sorry this was such a short chapter, I'll try to make up for it in the next one. I really don't write ANs that often, but I really have to say... thank you all so much for all the reads, votes and comments! You have no idea how happy I am to know that you're enjoying this ff. I hope y'all have a good week!