Chapter 9

"Yep, she sprained her wrist. She needs to rest. Don't let her ride for a few days." The doctor explained. "Alright, I understand." Agetha said. They left and headed back home. "You will get better soon, Mel. Then we could barrel race together." Mya said. "Mya, I told you. I don't want to barrel race anymore." Melanie said softly. "I don't understand you sometimes, Mel." Mya said angrily. "Please Mya, don't do this again." Melanie said. "Girls, stop arguing. Melanie, you will continue barrel racing whether you like it or not." Agetha said angrily. Melanie could hear Mya laughing at her. "You know what Mya! Our friendship is done! If you were my so-called best friend then you would support me! I have friends who treat me way better than you!" Melanie snapped. "Oh really! Who?!" Mya asked. "Josie! She accepts me for who I am!" Melanie replied yelling louder. "Did you tell her about not wanting to barrel race?" Mya asked. "Well...No. But I am going to." Melanie hesitated. "Haha! I bet she will be just as mad as I am!" Mya said. "Girls! Enough! I am tired of hearing you argue!" Agetha yelled. They finally arrived home. "No! I don't want Mya to stay!" Melanie snapped. "She is staying till her mother picks her up." Agetha said. "Wow, thanks Melanie." Mya snapped. Melanie opened the door and ran out to the barn. Melanie had to let off some steam before seeing Mya again. Melanie started crying as she reached the barn. All of the horses were concerned about her.  "Why can't I be myself?!" Melanie cried. After Melanie calmed down she slowly walked back to the house. She went upstairs and turned on her laptop. She started noticing that Amanda Barkley had social medias. Melanie got excited and followed her on Instagram. Amanda's bio said "Follow your dreams and live them." Melanie smiled as she read it. Melanie then went back onto her laptop and watched more of her videos. Melanie started day dreaming of what it would be like to be her. Melanie smiled thinking about it. As Melanie was in her dream land, Mya walked in. "What are you watching?" Mya asked. "Something." Melanie said quickly closing the laptop. "Well, you aren't supposed to me on it anyway. Your mom wanted me to tell you that you are grounded for the way you spoke to me." Mya explained then walked out of the room. Melanie sighed then laid back in her bed. She fell asleep thinking about jumping. Melanie woke up then went downstairs to get breakfast. "How is Maggie?" Melanie asked her mother. "I don't know, dear. You won't be seeing her for a while." Agetha replied. "Why?" Melanie asked. "Well, since you can't ride for a few days there is no point in taking you over there." Agetha replied. "I wish she was still here." Melanie snapped. "Well, she is not. She is at a barn where you will continue to barrel race. She will be back when summer is over." Agetha explained. Melanie just walked out and went back up to her room. As Melanie sat on the bed her phone started ringing. It was Josie calling! 

.................................................Phone Call........................................

Melanie: Hello

Josie: Hey Mel, how are you doing?

Melanie: I am alright, just can't ride for a few days. 

Josie: Awe, I miss you already. 

Melanie: I miss you too. How is Maggie? 

Josie: She hasn't been eating. She misses you. 

Melanie: What! My girl hasn't been eating?!

Josie: No, me and Donna are worried about her. You should come see her. 

Melanie: I want to but my mom won't let me. 

Josie: We could pick you up tomorrow. 

Melanie: I will talk to my mom. 

Josie: Alright. 

Melanie: Bye Josie. 

Josie: Bye Mel. 

.....................................End of phone call...........

Melanie ran back downstairs to talk to her mom. Her mom had made pancakes by the time she got down. "Mom, I need to see Maggie. She hasn't been eating. Josie said they could pick me up." Melanie said. "Alright honey, but remember no riding." Agetha said strictly. "Mom, I don't want to ride. I just want to check if my girl is alright." Melanie snapped. "Okay, Josie and her parents can pick you up tomorrow." Agetha replied. Melanie smiled then sat down at the table to eat pancakes. Melanie put butter and syrup over her pancakes and ate right up. After Melanie was done eating her breakfast she went to go play with Sparky outside. Sparky could do tons of tricks. He could roll over, walk on his two front paws and even walk on his two back paws, he could bow and so much more. "Good boy." Melanie said to Sparky as he bowed. Sparky wagged his tail and barked. Melanie giggled and hugged Sparky. Finally, after a long day it was time for Melanie to go to bed. Melanie laid down and started dreaming about jumping. Sparky laid on the foot of her bed. The next morning Melanie woke up and quickly got ready. She was so excited to see her horse. She missed Maggie a lot. Josie's car pulled up in the driveway and Melanie ran out the door to go see Josie. Melanie gave Josie a hug. "Hey, your arm no longer has a cast?!" Melanie said enthusiastically. "Yep, it is no longer broken and I can ride again today." Josie replied with a smile. "Congrats! I get my cast off in two days!" Melanie said. Josie smiled at her and they climbed in the car so they could go see their wonderful horses. When they arrived there was Maggie waiting for her owner to get out of the car. Maggie nickered when she saw Melanie. Melanie quickly walked over and gave her horse a big hug. "I missed you, girly." Melanie whispered in Maggie's ear. Maggie softly nickered and put her head in Melanie's arms. "Wow, you and her have a special bond." Donna said from behind. "Oh, hey Donna." Melanie said from nearly jumping out of her skin. "We have missed you. You are such a great rider." Donna said. Melanie put on a weak smile. "Thanks." Melanie said softly. Melanie only wished that she was jumping. She also wished everyone would understand.