Chapter 15

Melanie had won the competition but she didn't really care that much. All she cared about was that she actually found someone that taught jumping. Melanie grabbed her laptop and searched up their website. Melanie was fascinated! They had pictures of the barn and it was beautiful. She found Lisa's email and decided to contact her. 

...............................................Email............ 

Hey, it is me Melanie. You met me at the competition a few days ago.  I looked at your website and I would love to take lessons. I am wanting to learn how to jump. Your barn is really nice and you have beautiful horses! Please reply. 

- Melanie Green 

Hey, Melanie. I am glad you are interested. Our beginner classes are on Sunday at 11:30am. Our intermediate classes are Tuesday at 3:30pm and our advance classes are Friday at 4:00. It will be $25 per lesson. Thank you. 

- Lisa Fawn 

I will take the beginner class. When can I start? 

- Melanie Green 

That will be great! You can start this Sunday! I can't wait to see you there! See you on Sunday. 

- Lisa Fawn 

.................................................... 

Melanie was so excited but she had no idea how she would get the money. But, she refused to let her mother know. "Melanie! It's time to go to the barn!" Agetha shouted from downstairs. Melanie ran down a hopped in the car. She was rushing to get this week over with. "What are you excited about?" Agetha asked. "Um...Just going to the barn." Melanie lied. Agetha smiled then put the car in drive. They arrived at the barn and Melanie greeted her horse. It felt so weird that Josie wasn't there. Melanie looked around and saw that Cowboy was still here. How was Sabrina allowed to come back after she treated Cowboy the way she did Melanie thought. Melanie shook her head in disbelief then led Maggie to the cross ties. Melanie sighed as she got Maggie tacked up. "Hey Melanie."  Donna said. "Hey, why is Sabrina still here?" Melanie asked as she tightened Maggie's girth. "Well, I talked to her and her parents for a long time and they said that it won't happen again. So, I am giving her one last chance." Donna explained. Melanie nodded then put Maggie's bridle on. "Let's go girl." Melanie said then sighed. Melanie mounted on Maggie and got in the line. Sabrina was late again. "Sabrina, why are you late?" Donna asked. "My horse was being a pain when I was tacking him up." Sabrina explained. Donna rolled her eyes then continued teaching. "Alright, today we need to continue working on balance. A lot of you when you're going around the barrel, you start to slide and you have to learn how to stay balanced." Donna explained. The girls nodded. Melanie started day dreaming about her first jumping lesson. 

................................Day dream...................

"Are you ready for your first jumping lesson?" Lisa asked. "I sure am! I can't wait!" Melanie said in excitement. Lisa showed her this beautiful dappled grey, gelding. "He is beautiful!" Melanie said. "Yep, he is one of our best jumpers and he is the friendliest horse you will ever ride. His name is Cody." Lisa explained. Melanie smiled then rubbed his muzzle. Melanie led him to the cross ties and tacked him up. Melanie led Cody to the indoor arena and mounted on. "How does the saddle feel?" Lisa asked. "It's actually really comfortable." Melanie said. "That's good. Right now I just want you to walk around and get use to it." Lisa said. Melanie nodded then squeezed Cody. Melanie smiled. After a few minutes of walking, Lisa started setting up a cross rail. "Are you ready?" Lisa asked. "Yep." Melanie replied. "Alright, first you are just going to trot over it." Lisa explained. Melanie nodded then squeezed Cody into a trot. Cody leaped over the cross rail and Melanie smiled. "That was so much fun!" Melanie said. Lisa smiled. "Try and canter over it." Lisa instructed. Melanie squeezed Cody into a canter and she headed towards the jump. They leaped over it and Melanie smiled. 

............................................ 

"Melanie!" Donna yelled. Melanie snapped out of her day dream. "What?" Melanie asked. "It is your turn. What were you doing?" Donna asked. "Um...I am just thinking about a lot." Melanie lied. "Well, it's time to get off. The lesson is over." Donna said. "Oh...okay." Melanie said. Melanie heard Sabrina laughing. Melanie dismounted Maggie then led her to the barn. Melanie sighed. "I'm sorry Maggie that I wasn't focused today." Melanie whispered. Maggie nudged Melanie's shoulder then nickered. Melanie put Maggie back in her stall then went out to the car. "Hey, honey." Agetha said. "Hi." Melanie mumbled. "What did you do for your lesson today?" Agetha asked. "We worked on balance." Melanie replied. "That's good." Agetha said. When they arrived home, Melanie went upstairs. Melanie checked her phone and saw that Josie had texted her. 

........................ 

Josie: Hello, how was your day? 

Melanie: Omg! I have so much to tell you! 

Josie: Spill! 

Melanie: So, at our last competition I ran into a lady who is a riding instructor at Green Wood Academy and she said that they teach jumping. So, when I got home I emailed her and I have my first lesson on Sunday!! 

Josie: Oh my gosh! I am so happy for you! I can't believe your mom finally allowed you to do what you have dreamed of doing! 

Melanie: Oh...I haven't told my mom. I know if I told her that she would not let me do it. Green Wood Academy is not very far so it won't be a long walk. 

Josie: How are you going to do it without your mom knowing? 

Melanie: I have no idea. I will figure it out. Goodnight Josie. 

Josie: Goodnight Melanie. 

.................................... 

Melanie laid her phone on the desk then slowly went to sleep, dreaming about jumping.