2. Vampire+Witch (Oopsie...)

Chimera Academy Yesterday:
The sound of fingers snapping echoed across the gymnasium as the floor seemed to open up under Kai's feet and a long, spiny vine wrapped around his foot lifting him 16 feet in the air.

"You gotta keep your guard up!" Came a voice from behind. Low grunting sounds escaped his lips as he tried to struggle to get himself free before he realized it was no use.

Crossing his arms over his chest his glare locked in on the raven-haired girl. "Why the hell do you always pick on me?" He asked, sounding rather perturbed.

The girl simply walked up to where he hung and lowered her hand, causing the vine to drop down just enough for her to reach him. "Because my dear Kai." She rubbed the back of her hand across his cheek, looking him straight in the eye. "It's fun." She said before walking away and snapping her fingers again causing the vine to bloom into a flower and let go of his leg. Kai fell two feet and landed face first on the floor before the flower, sank back into the ground and the floor sealed where it had cracked.

 Kai fell two feet and landed face first on the floor before the flower, sank back into the ground and the floor sealed where it had cracked

Picking himself up, Kai shook his head, 'A normal foot race. How hard is that?' He wondered. 'No powers, no funny stuff, just a race!'

Once on his feet, he walked over to the bench at the side of the room sitting down and lifting his leg to pull the leftover spines from his "attacker." He sighed, resting his head on the wall behind the bench. Of course she didn't get called out for using her powers during a non-power activity, it was him that she targeted after all and he was already convinced most of the people in the school, students and teachers, had it out for him. After all, she had been tormenting him since his first day at the academy and no one ever said or did anything about it.

Kokona Haruka, the raven-haired witch. She would take every possible opportunity she had to use her powers and make his life miserable. When powers weren't allowed, she would either use them anyway or just argue with him relentlessly.

Kokona Haruka, the raven-haired witch She was actually the only one of her kind attending Chimera Academy and, despite that, she was quite popular among the students. Not a lot was known about the young witch but that didn't seem to matter to anyone, but Kai was suspicious. There was a time he thought maybe she put a charm on the whole school.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a familiar presence and a hand on his knee. "You think I'm overreacting don't you?" He asked not even looking up.

"I didn't say that now did I?" A female's voice rang out. Himari Hinata smiled, taking a seat next to him. "Remember what mom used to say. Everyone has their own reasons for being the way they are."

Kai rolled his eyes looking over at the short, dark brown haired girl. "What if her reason is just to torment me?"

A chuckle escaped the girl's lips. "I'm not so sure little brother." She said before standing up. "Then again, some people are weird. Just hang in there Kai." She said before walking away.