Chapter Thirty-three: The Fallen Lady

Hi, all of you wonderful readers. I just wanted to say a quick thank you to all the lovely comments and voting that people have done - still surprised this book has over 12k reads and nearly 500 votes, thanks for sticking with my book!

Little side note I'm not the biggest fan of this episode but I'll try to do it justice. Oh, and I know nothing about medicine so I could be completely wrong about everything when Gaius and Merlyn are speaking about infections and diseases and what not.

Enjoy!

******************

Once again Merlyn was hauling Arthur's washing back to his room. As she made her way through the castle with ease she passed dozens of people each smiling and saying hi - Merlyn had become a part of Camelot now, she finally felt home even as a servant.

As she made her way down an upper corridor a group of knights were walking towards her, Sir Leon included. The moment that they saw her, the knights immediately started waving and shouting at her. Merlyn could only smile brightly at the lot of them.

"Merlyn!" Leon greeted as he stopped in front of her clearly wanting to ask something.

"What can I do for you fine gentlemen?" Merlyn asked as she balanced the basket of washing on her hip.

"Do you know where Arthur is?" Leon asked.

"Council chamber with his father" Merlyn immediately answered, apparently she had to always know where the prince was.

"Thanks" Leon replied before he and the other knights kept on walking. But before they got very far Leon suddenly shouted down the corridor to Merlyn. "We're heading down to the tavern later if you want to join us ... obviously once you've finished your jobs."

"Obviously" Merlyn said glaring at the knight; she knew she had a lot of work to do. With not much thought Merlyn agreed to meet them there.

"Great. See you later" Leon said before he began walking, the other knights all shouted similar answers before they too were gone. Merlyn was probably going to regret agreeing to go, she just knew it.

~8~

Gwen walked towards Morgana's chambers a beautiful bunch of white lilies in her arms. Gwen thought that Morgana was so lucky. She always got such lovely gifts. As Gwen enter Morgana's chambers, the Lady turned to face her with a bright smile.

"Look what's just arrived for you" Gwen announced. Morgana thought the big white lilies were gorgeous. She wasn't expecting any gifts; she wondered who they were from.

"Who are they from?" Morgana asked as she took the flowers off Gwen.

"I don't know. Maybe Arthur?!" Gwen said, though she immediately frowned after saying Arthur. Morgana looked at her like she had grown another head. Arthur had eyes for only one girl and he wasn't very good at hiding it.

"Gwen, I do not have blue eyes, worked hands, and a sharp tongue" Morgana commented.

"Very true" Gwen laughed, "You know I still can't tell if Merlyn likes Arthur, she says she doesn't but..."

"I know that feeling. I wish she would tell me too" Morgana agreed. Looking back to the flowers, Morgana smelt them.

"Well, who'd you like them to be from?" Gwen suddenly asked. Morgana stopped and had a little think. There wasn't anyone really.

"I don't know. Tall, dark stranger?" Morgana settled on. Gwen nodded her head in agreement as she took the flowers back. As Gwen went to put them in water, Morgana couldn't help but rack her brain for answer, however, no one came to mind at all.